Ok, this is really annoying

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RussTC3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
I HATE my 4DTV. I never know where I'm at (degree wise) and it's too damn dificult and confusing and complicated to program in new satellites. What with the stupid numbers replacing the degrees (4700 instead of ###).
I'd rather go back to analog. At least then I could move the satellite to the exact position with ease.

On that point, is there anyway to connect a 4DTV with a regular Analog receiver and my Pansat 3500s?
Right now I have my 4DTV and my Pansat 3500s connected together.

I can't figure out if I have T5/IA-5 programmed correctly, because there is NO way to find out the position I'm in. (there's this new PBS sort of channel I want to pick up)

Sorry for the anger, but this is just so frustrating. Is there anyway to program the satellites more easily on 4DTV? And how do I make sure that my satellites are positioned correctly (they move all over the place when I select a satellite from the menu, so some must be in the incorrect place).

If anyone could help it would be very much appreciated.

I have a 920 4DTV with a 10ft C/KU-band Dish.

Thanks.

Well the 4dtv should find the satellites for you if setup proper, I find it very easy to use the 4d and Pansat, you can tune in satellites using the 4d with analog very easy I find, or you can look for DCII channels, or if you are looking for a bird that has no DCII or analog then simply use the Pansat signal meter and move the dish with the 4d.

All birds should follow in a correct order, so you must have you satellites mispositioned.

If you have other satellites that are programed in just use the closest satellite to the one you want and move up from there. It's a help to have a list of satellites, such as on the Skyvision site, to go by. Find a wild feed or a busy transponder, go to options and press 6, 4, 4, pick the satellite you want to find, put it on the channel you're looking for, and start moving the dish up. This is the manual way of programming a satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)