OK what did I do wrong?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ACD

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
I have a nice clear LOS to just about the entire southern horizon. Mounted the dish about 6' off the ground, no houses insight just a corn field. I have a 77% level, but only getting between 10 and 20% quality on IA8, 30% on G10. I tried several adjustments, both elevation, and azimuth, but cannot get any higher. Is it the dish, the LNB, or what? The NF on the LNB is 0.6.

G10R is notoriously difficult to get a good signal from, try moving the dish slightly away from G10R, your meter will read a lower sig but the receiver may read a higher sig.

When I first setup the dish on the roof I was able to get IA8 with a decent signal and pull at least 8 channels, now I get 2, and one TP has no Q whatsoever. G10 comes in fairly well, but I cant get anything on TP 11719, mostly I get 11799. few other sats are coming in strong, but of course there is nothing on them but scrambled stuff. Im just wondering if I need a larger dish or an LNB with a lower NF. If a larger dish, then I might as well go for the 6' C dish and get it over with, at least that way I can get the major networks hopefully.

I sometimes have to bump the dish east/west to get the tp's to all come in.

questic said:
I sometimes have to bump the dish east/west to get the tp's to all come in.

Tried that as well, and all it did was drop the signal on the one I could see. I am thinking either the dish is too small, or the LNB is not good enough for this area. I am going to dig out one of my TV's from the basement and toss it in the back of my truck with the receiver and go right to the dish with a short cable to rule out cable loss. I am using Quad Shield coax with SealSmart compression connectors.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)