Status
Please reply by conversation.

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
ok i have my old dish out in the yard its a 10 ft mesh odom
have the old 2410 and positioner ( switching out next week and retuning in the sat arc. now my questions . it has a lnbf don't know if its worth the effort or price to upgrade to receive ku.

now more infor
i just got in on the powrbuy for the CS5000
i have several primestar dishes so i can set them up to receive ( idealy would like to motorize this )

I'm trying not to cross forums so i will stay with the c band stuff
i like the wild feeds of the old c band but i don't know whats up there to receive with just a lnbf. or would adding a ku to this rig open up more areas with old analog. of should i just keep them seperate

yard space isn't an issue.

thanks for any input
George

old c band

not really looking to subscribe to anything got dtv for that
more looking for the FTA and wild feeds (and don't know alot about 4dtv)

since this has never had ku (just the cal amp c31477 lnbf ) i'ld have to get a corotor or one of the new lnbf's with c & ku.

but my other concern is the dish has seen better days the mesh is probably diamond shaped about 1/8 in by 1/16 in hole, so its got a few hail dings and the mesh might not be tight enough for good ku reception.

here are a couple of pic one with a dime and other at angle so can see the dings
thanks for the input

mesh dish.jpg

mesh dish hail dings.jpg

Speaking of adding KU to an Existing C-Band system - How good of a LNB do I need for standard Ku programming (history channel etc)?? Are the requirements for Mpeg FTA much more tight???? I can get 2 meg LO for $30; 750 kHz for $80 and a good Norsat for about $200 (150 kHz I think) ?????

if no one answers start a new thread asking sometimes people don't see the question being asked ..

had to place my c-band tune up on hold for a few days , also have my dishes and nes CS-500 ready to try out . but a few family members came in from out of state and i have to do some 8mm film conversions for them before they travel back home. so hopefully wed i will get to try something.

jjstaus said:
Speaking of adding KU to an Existing C-Band system - How good of a LNB do I need for standard Ku programming (history channel etc)?? Are the requirements for Mpeg FTA much more tight???? I can get 2 meg LO for $30; 750 kHz for $80 and a good Norsat for about $200 (150 kHz I think) ?????

I have been using a middle of the road quality Ku lnb for a number of years with good results. It is an Astrotel universal, I think I paid about $50 for it. Dish alignment is generally more critical for Ku, but once you have your dish properly set up, you should have no trouble.

bud1981

the GI 450i has a c-band and ku input
will the BSC621-2 work just using the one coax to the c-band input
also what kind of limitation will i have using a universal type lnb

thanks

Yes the BSC621-2 will work with a single coax to the C-band LNB

PSB you have a thread and a review about the 621
did you find any limitation like i think iceberg was talking
about the 250 mhz difference
and that would relate to channels above TP 17

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts