Old Data Transmission Network (DTN) dish score! Now what?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nearbeer

Original poster
Jul 19, 2015
Mauldin, SC
Walking into work one day I noticed an old DTN dish laying on the ground; it had been taking down from an outside wall during painting and was never put back up. Talked to the plant maintenance director later that day to see what his plans were for it; he was more than happy to let me take it off his hands. So, I loaded it up into my car that afternoon and off I went...

Quite a funny sight to see this dish in the back seat of my Honda Accord...wife was not too happy that I brought it home. Oh, by the way...I also had to tell her that I had bought a surplus Bridgeport milling machine that day...wife was now very unhappy. She calmed down when I told her that the milling machine was only $200...I digress...

Now that I have what I think is a suitable satellite dish, what are your recommendations for my first LNB and receiver?

As usual, thanks for your advice!

Ciao,
NearBeer

I've got 2 of them DTN dishes in the 30 inch(across) size. Put Titanium Ku PLL's on 'em and perform very well (for only a 30inch) Some, few, satellites have required larger dishes, but for what they are, they are a good dish.
Also have a 1m DTN - (see sig)
Amiko HD SE, Geosatpro HDVR3500 (new kid on the block but getting pretty good reviews) See tread on this site.
Manhattan DJ-1997 is also reviewed well @ other forums but don't know if anyone here, satelliteguys, has one.
BTW, you can use the LNB that's on it, but only get one polarity. Rotate it 90 for the other polarity. Use only the Horizontal setting on the receiver at all times. (voltage is then high enough to power the LNB)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts