Old Primestar dish success

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RocketRay

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
SoCal
I got my old Primestar dish pointing at IAS5@97deg and it works pretty well. After skewing the original LNB and setting the elevation right for my location, I put the dish on the perfectly leveled mounting pole and only had to get it pointed precisely after that. My wife reported the level while I turned the dish, and we got it to about 75% quality. If we get rain fade (no rain here in SoCal for another week at least) maybe I'll need finer adjustments to fix that.

Problems:

Tried manually setting the satellite, TP and channel with GTools but had 0% signal quality. A downloaded channel list with the unnecessary satellites removed fixed the problem.

The LNB on my old dish has two outputs, H & V. I've hooked up both to the disecq switch, but quality on the H output is only around 45%. Since there are no channels we're interested in on that polarity, I'm not going to bother getting that to work.
--

So, color me tickled pink!

A DiSeqC switch is not the correct switch for merging polarities. Are you using a Fortec or Pansat. If Pansat, use the skew controls to select the polarity with a 0/12 VDC switch.

Pansat 2500A

I'm using a DiSeqC switch cause that's what came free with my receiver. But since H doesn't have many channels, I'm going to declare mission success anyway. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts