Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
OK - - - I was given this very old Memorex Analog Satellite Receiver. I got it working for about 5 minutes and now it will not even turn on. Do you think it is a failed battery? And will it work without the pink inset which is a Channel Master VCRSI (that does have a large old battery inside).

When you pull out the pink Channel Master VCRSI it says VideoCipher RS - Descrambler Module on it. I already took the thing apart. :)

Here are two pictures.

Attachments

• Memorex-SatelliteReceiver-Front.jpg
    Memorex-SatelliteReceiver-Front.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 200
  • Memorex-SatelliteReceiver-Back.jpg
    Memorex-SatelliteReceiver-Back.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 183
Yes, remove the VCRS module and use the receiver as FTA analog only. Now on to seeing if it will turn on again.
Do you think it is a failed battery?
It's a possibility, common type is usually a "coin" style. Some early receivers became useless if the battery went dead. The memory relied on the battery to retain the operating software/system. Don't know if thats one of 'em. Maybe another member knows for sure. Besides testing the breaker, and any internal fuses, for continuity, sniff around the power supply for anything that smells of smoke, or is visibly chard, cracked or bulged.

analog receivers dont have a battery in them IIRC...just the VCII board and the 4DTV units do

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)