Old receiver (country cable) "Limited In"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
I have been using this receiver to move my BUD for a while now but i might did something and it no longer moves the dish.

To delete the limits you must delete all the stored satellite positions... so I did this and then cleared the limits, then i accidentally set the EastLimit on top of the WestLimit and it will no longer move as I am "limited In".

I can't delete the limits because the receiver doesn't think I am on it even though I am on both.

This receiver uses the store, alpha, and east / west keys when lock is off to program. Any Ideas? I do not see any reset button or battery inside it. Otherwise this might force me into a v-box.

I am not familiar with that model of analog receiver. I was thinking like you to look for a reset button "breaker" . You may try to do a "master reset" if it has that option somewhere in the menu. Or something like "restore factory defaults". You know what I mean.

A v-box is do-able but you have to have something control your servo motor if you are not running an lnbf.

you know its been years since i did this lol but good thing is the County Cable box is (i'm almost sure) a GI 2400 and I gave a copy of the manual to the site so its down loadable in the manual section.

so to change the limits
1) [LOCK] off mode (3 seconds)
2) use [EAST] and [WEST] keys to move the dish to the limit you want to change [EL] or [WL] will show...on the display
3) press & hold [STORE] and [ALPHA] keys at the same time for 3 seconds , untill you see [>---] or [---<] in the display. Now use the [EAST] or [WEST] keys to drive the dish to the new limit position.
4) press [STORE] and the [EAST] or [WEST] key together at the same time and the display should show [EL] or [WL] then blink twice to verify the new limit is stored.

hope this helps :D

you know its been years since i did this lol but good thing is the County Cable box is (i'm almost sure) a GI 2400 and I gave a copy of the manual to the site so its down loadable in the manual section.

so to change the limits
1) [LOCK] off mode (3 seconds)
2) use [EAST] and [WEST] keys to move the dish to the limit you want to change [EL] or [WL] will show...on the display
3) press & hold [STORE] and [ALPHA] keys at the same time for 3 seconds , untill you see [>---] or [---<] in the display. Now use the [EAST] or [WEST] keys to drive the dish to the new limit position.
4) press [STORE] and the [EAST] or [WEST] key together at the same time and the display should show [EL] or [WL] then blink twice to verify the new limit is stored.

hope this helps :D

That is exactly what i normaly do... but since the limits are in the same exact place I can't move it to the point where it goes [EL] and then delete it. It tried your method 10 times... sometimes I get a [T0] reading which is a code i have never seen.

There are no Menu's or GUI (old receiver) so just the buttons on the front.

Does anyone know where the reset or breaker might be hiding? that is if it exists? Clearing the memory would be ideal!

Try taking the M1 and M2 motor wires at the back of the box and change them to the exact opposite position they are in now.

Once you have the limits erased, you can move them back.

If you need to physically move the antenna with another device while trying to clear your receiver's memory, use of a 12 volt battery charger (tape up red and black cables to prevent shorting) is suggested. Reverse the connection to change direction.

Try taking the M1 and M2 motor wires at the back of the box and change them to the exact opposite position they are in now.

Once you have the limits erased, you can move them back.

I think I tired that already... but I will try it again.

If you need to physically move the antenna with another device while trying to clear your receiver's memory, use of a 12 volt battery charger (tape up red and black cables to prevent shorting) is suggested. Reverse the connection to change direction.

I do have another mover that I am using right now... but it doesn't have a remote so I would like to get the country cable running again.

and unforuntelly it doesnt list a master reset is on thast box

What were they thinking? Doesn't everything have a reset?

master reset is

set [LOCK] off (three seconds )
press the [ALPHA], [NUM] & [STORE] keys at same time and hold for three seconds
the memory will be cleared

master reset is

set [LOCK] off (three seconds )
press the [ALPHA], [NUM] & [STORE] keys at same time and hold for three seconds
the memory will be cleared

It Worked! Thank you for that vital information.

I should have read the manual closer:
[TO] means that the motor is turned off...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Glad you got it. I hate it when stuff like that happens. All of our analog boxes are getting old and many folks don't know how to work them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)