Old round starchoice dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bevdish69

Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
Anyone know the size of these? Found a few old ones around that I might be able to get...

Anyone know the size of these? Found a few old ones around that I might be able to get...

Are you kidding? If it's a FREE DISH, get it!

Then worry about the size, or what you can use it for. You can never have too many dishes!

If you think you do, you aren't a TRUE Fta guy! :D

p.s. If they are big enough and you don't need them, just remove the lnb, hook it up to your snowmobile, and haul the kids around! hehe.

Always good for some use.

I've seen the round starchoice dishes in 30", 33", and 39". There may have also been other sizes but I've never seen them. They also had a 1.2m for up in the far north but I've never ran across one that big.

As already stated, 60cm (24"), 76cm(30") were the two most common in my area (Northwestern Ontario). They started with a 24" but went to a 30" within a year as the signal was marginal.
Yes, there was a 1.2m (47-48"?) available by special order. I have one as I used to work for a Star Choice retailer "back in the day". The 30" are very very usable for FTA, the 1.2 even more so but harder to find. The LNBs work great too! So scoop up as many as you can.
I'm currently using 2 of the 30" and one 1.2m for my Ku FTA.

I have the 30" SC dish motorized. It's actually 30" wide x 33" tall. It works ok for most Ku in my area, but does have issues with some of the weaker sats (as any 30" dish will).

ouch, our neighbor to the East wants the land between their place and ours, but it belongs to his brother, who will not sell him a thing. Our East only owns more sections than I can count! But he has his post up now so I can install his FTA system for him.

careful what you ask for

I wish. The only place with a view has 10' between the house and the sidewalk on the street. 12' dish just isn't going to go there.

Believe me. If I could, I would. :)
What if you put it on a 10' pole at your eaves, hanging half way over the house.?
Also, from your northern location, the dish will be far closer to vertical than horizontal, lessening its footprint on the ground.

Believe me. :D You -could- ! - :eek: - And you should! - :up

ouch, our neighbor to the East wants the land between their place and ours, but it belongs to his brother, who will not sell him a thing. Our East only owns more sections than I can count! But he has his post up now so I can install his FTA system for him.

Good to be on good terms with the neighbors, the guy who farms the land next to mine is careful not to let his hired man bash my dishes with the disc cultivator. For that I hook him up with a few baskets of produce throughout the season.

What if you put it on a 10' pole at your eaves, hanging half way over the house.?
Also, from your northern location, the dish will be far closer to vertical than horizontal, lessening its footprint on the ground.

Believe me. :D You -could- ! - :eek: - And you should! - :up

Wouldn't I have to build some special framing to hold it in place, that the wife would absolutely hate? :rolleyes: It can get pretty windy around here and I'm also frightened of heights. That's why my dishes are all at step ladder height or less.

If you could post some picture of the South side of your house and the surounding obstacles we might be able to help you put up a mast or tower to get the C-band dish up to get a wonderfull signal. I just put a KU band dish on the north eave of the house in Lynnwood WA to shoot over my south side neighbors 120 foot trees.

A tower could be rather expensive, as much as a year and a half of Dish subscription! But a wall/eave supported mast could be a whole lot less, depending on the pipe size needed.

Blending the mount into the view is possible. A Thuga (tree) hides masts and towers very well. A nice camillia looks even better, but getting a tall one in a hurry is difficult.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts