Old Tivo Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CWS_kahuna

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
California
I have an older Sony Sat-60 Tivo/DTV box. When I bought it I purchased the lifetime subscription. The HDD crapped out on it quite a while ago. I disconnected the box from DTV to stop paying the $5 for the additional box. I would like to repair the HDD on the Tivo and hook it back up in one of my bedrooms.

So if I repair the box and call DTV to hook it back up, will I have to pay extra for the Tivo service now? Do they have a record that I had the lifetime package?

Would I be better off just buying a new Tivo/DTV box? I see they still don't have any connections greater than S-Video but the cooling system on the new units seems much better than my Sony has, which I am sure is really good for the hard drives.

I saw someone say something about getting a OLD customer discount on the new HD-Tivos, what would one do to get this discount?

Last thing are there any other HD-Tivo manufactures ready to put out a product besides Hughes? Just curious on that one.

As long as you kept the lifetime service on your active account, there should be NO problem at all, as the fee is tied to your account, NOT the box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.