Old Tower

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mark2074

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, ON
Hi guys,

It has been since December since I last discussed the issues surrounding the chimney install and the old self-supporting tower I have that the contractor did not want to climb.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/hd-over-air-ota/158538-chimney-install-contractor.html

I was asked to take some pictures of the bottom of the tower to get opinions on the stability of it. I also took pictures of the chimney mounted. Due to the fact that the chimney has a cap the smoke did not reach the rotor or antenna at all and I used the stove a lot this winter due to the cold we endured. But, I have to change the CM rotor because it is a piece of crap. It gets stuck and does not accurately go back to programmed settings.

Many locals including myself have recently had trouble with several Buffalo stations. WGRZ was always weak, but lately I am getting drop outs. WUTV recently killed their analog signal and everything was fine. They are a bit directional to the south but it was still strong to me. Now, as of late, they too are dropping out. I was wondering if the thawing or warming of Lake Ontario is affecting their signal. But, people due west of the transmitters are also seeing weaker signals and they don't cross the lake. If these problems persist, then I will definitely want to go back to the tower and get the height I am missing with the chimney mount. The photo of the base of the tower shows the tar that I put a few years ago. It is not rust.

Oh and I was considering to add a preamp to the chimney mount. Will it be easy to install one while the antenna is up, based on the photo provided? Also, you think I could add a VHF antenna to this set up for channels that will be going HI-VHF this summer?

Attachments

• IMG_0554.JPG
    IMG_0554.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0555.JPG
    IMG_0555.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    928.1 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts