Old Voom Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If your towers are under 60 miles away, you may want to consider the RCA ANT751. It's only about 3 feet long and under $50. Use a preamp with it, like the TVPRAMP1Z. It's about $25. I'm in a situation where I can't have a 7 foot long antenna, so this works well.

The Tv towers are all under 60mi. I'm getting all the uhf stations pretty well. There is a HiV station, rf 23 that I can't get. Does the RCA antenna get vhf stations?

That's right VHF high band. RF 13 according to antenna web. Installed my new CM 4228 along with my old CM rotor and pre amp, that Voom bought me years ago. Probably 20' in the air. Pulled in 20 stations and VHF high band 13 was one of them. It's CBS so I was really pleased. There were also 3 other sub stations that are okay. CM 4228 will get a great review from me. I think I'll turn it towards St. Louis and see what happens. 70 miles might be a stretch.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
That's right VHF high band. RF 13 according to antenna web. Installed my new CM 4228 along with my old CM rotor and pre amp, that Voom bought me years ago. Probably 20' in the air. Pulled in 20 stations and VHF high band 13 was one of them. It's CBS so I was really pleased. There were also 3 other sub stations that are okay. CM 4228 will get a great review from me. I think I'll turn it towards St. Louis and see what happens. 70 miles might be a stretch.
Using 62075 with tvfool You have 15 Line Of Sight (LOS) stations. I would suggest aiming due North and then scanning to see what you get. Most of your stations are slightly East or West of North. You might even get a few channels off the back side of your 4228?

Picked up KMOV in St. Louis the other night, that's over 70 miles. Very weak signal ever since. I'm more than satisfied. I get NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS and CW, plus a number of pretty good sub stations. I have a Channel Master DVR+ coming to record ota. Has anyone used one?

Reactions: Nascarken 91xg
Picked up KMOV in St. Louis the other night, that's over 70 miles. Very weak signal ever since. I'm more than satisfied. I get NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS and CW, plus a number of pretty good sub stations. I have a Channel Master DVR+ coming to record ota. Has anyone used one?

Yes, I had the original Channel Master DVR+ when it first came out (2010 maybe?). It was OK. Honestly I preferred Windows Media Center on my PC, which is still what I use today. My Dish receiver has no guide info for all the sub-nets, so Media Center's complete guide info complements my Dish receiver nicely.

That's what I thought. I sent a message to Channel Master asking the same question. They responded that I should use an optical cable. I'm like you comfortably numb, I have everything running to the onkyo then to the tv. I think I will try that with the CM dvr when it comes. I don't think I can do it any harm. I'll let you know in a few days.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
You also can try a mediasonic OTA tuners for 30 bucks thats what I have. They sell them on amazon thats where I got mine.

You also can try a mediasonic OTA tuners for 30 bucks thats what I have. They sell them on amazon thats where I got mine.

Looks like it could be an inexpensive solution, but from the Q & A I've read on Amazon, the program guide on the Mediasonic is seriously lacking in functionality. Dan, what is your experience with the Guide on your Mediasonic?

The guide is alright wish it was better but you get what you pay for. It's funny to see xena warrior princess going to planet Vulcan in the info guide they have it all run together. The timer is good on military time. So overall not bad for 30 bucks.

Cool my antennas direct 91xg, received 69.1 from mass to the state of ct 80miles out Nice picture no Dropout's with a cm,7777 amp 90ft hi with an AGL of 10 ,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts