Older Games On a Wii

WiCkeDuDe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
Utah
Sorry for a somewhat dumb question but I couldnt find the infomation I was looking for when I searched the forums. I am looking to get a Wii and I already have a gamecube, Snes, 64 etc. I know the Wii is supposed to play all the old games by downloading them from the internet. Is this the Wifi24 service on the Wii? My question is what does it cost to download the old games? Is it per title or a subscription service? Also when I download a game is it saved so I can use it later or does it expire at a time, etc? I would like to know so I can ebay all my old games if its inexpensive. Thanks!

Last edited:
I believe it costs 800wii points to play SNES/Genesis games, 1000+ wii points for N64 and 500wii points for NES games.

100wii points= $1.

I don't have the wii so I could be wrong, btw the wii plays most GC games.

ShinNYC is correct. The Wii will accept all of your GameCube games, you just load them in the Wii's DVD slot.

The Virtual Console games are downloaded and saved to your Wii. They will appear on the main menu. Once you download (pay for) a VC game you can delete it off of your Wii and download it again for free in the future. Nintendo is adding VC games every Monday.

The current pricing is:
500 points - NES,
600 points - Turbografx
800 points - SNES, Genesis, Turbografx
1000 points - N64

So gamecube games are not available for download? You can only play them if you have the gamecube disc itself?

Also how do you pay for these games. I assume you need to set up a account with a CC?

Right, Cube games are not downloaded, you just put the disk in. Most stores have Wii Points Cards. ToysRUs Example You just buy the card and enter the code. I think you can also buy points in the VC.

So is that pricing per game? For instance, if you wanted to play the original mario brothers, is that 5.00 by itself? I wasn't going to get a wii, before I came across this thread. Backwards compatibility would be awesome! I miss my old nes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)