Older receivers w/ AT9 Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SkyDog

Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Hey guys - first timer here but love your forum. Very informative!!!

I have purchased an AT9 dish and H20 receiver. Before I install the 5 LNB AT9, I would like to know if my existing older receivers will work with the newer dish. If so, what type of dish do I select in the receivers' setup menu?

Thanks in advance!

SkyDog

I believe the AT9 dish will work with the new dish, however it will not be able to utilize the ka orbitals 99 and 103. So the new dish will have the appearance of the 3 headed animal we are all used to, which is the setting you should set on those older receivers.
Now, there are some receivers that never were capable to receive anything other than the 101 orbital. Those receivers will work with the AT9 as well...but will only see 101.

Yes, you can use older receivers with an AT-9. I have 3 first generation Sonys working off of mine. As far as setup goes, just punch in the highest number of sats available to you on the receivers. My Sonys are so old that they have no option at all.

kds64 said:
my samsung only see 3 sats and rca drd430rg see's the same 101*,119*,and 110*

Thats all the older receivers are designed to see. I would think the OP was asking if the older units receive the 3 KU sats correctly with the AT9, and that answer is yes.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)