OLED AND DISH PICTURE QUALITY

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
LG OLEDS give a fantastic picture. No current technology has blacker blacks. Great contrast and more than adequate brightness for me. Mine is a 2017 model and hopefully they have been able to make it less susceptible to burn-in. Mrs Volts is a new junkie and there are there are several spots of burn-in. I understand how the bug in the bottom right corner did it, I'm less happy about being able to make out where the news scroll at the bottom of the screen was, and I'm upset that there is a silhouette of a talking head. In general viewing none of these is really annoying but they are there.

So what will I buy for my next TV, probably another OLED - they just look so much better. It will probably be another LG even though I'm PO'd with them due to problems with my car's battery pack and the recall that will take forever to complete.
Expand my pics in post #7. One of them you can see the dish logo burned in. I don't have a clue how that happened. Very rarely do I freeze pics on any of my TVs. 95% of the time I watch recordings. Hardly any live TV.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
If anyone sees some burn-in in your TV and want to see the extent of it, here is how Best Buy Geek Squad totaled my LG OLED 55C7P-U. In your TV tune in You Tube app and search for the color screen of your choice. Different colors hi-lite the burn-in more that others. Here is my burn-in pics again. Purple screen showed the most burn-in.

Attachments

• Orange.jpg
    Orange.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Purple.jpg
    Purple.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Red.jpg
    Red.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
If anyone sees some burn-in in your TV and want to see the extent of it, here is how Best Buy Geek Squad totaled my LG OLED 55C7P-U. In your TV tune in You Tube app and search for the color screen of your choice. Different colors hi-lite the burn-in more that others. Here is my burn-in pics again. Purple screen showed the most burn-in.
So, how did the Best Buy guys ruin your TV by going to a solid color screen ?
If they went there to see it, theres nothing wrong with that ...

Btw, I don't like or dislike BB Geek squad.

• Haha
Reactions: charlesrshell
So, how did the Best Buy guys ruin your TV by going to a solid color screen ?
If they went there to see it, theres nothing wrong with that ...

Btw, I don't like or dislike BB Geek squad.
BB Geek Squad came to my home. They did not ruin my TV. Geek man used the solid color screens from You Tube to get a clearer look for burn-ins. I hardly noticed it watching TV but the wife did and she sure brought it up to my attention all the time. LOL. She has the sharpest eyes I have ever had to deal with. I think she has eyes on the back of her head too!! LOL. She has ears too that can hear everything better than me!! I catch hell for that all the time!!

I don’t think he is saying they ruined his TV. I think they replaced it based on the tests they did.
Yep Geek man didn't ruin TV. He condemned it and I was allowed to keep it. BB gave me credit to purchase another TV of my choice. I did not get another OLED, got LG LED instead with some credit left over to purchase anything else I wish for. Pretty good warranty IMO.

Yep Geek man didn't ruin TV. He condemned it and I was allowed to keep it. BB gave me credit to purchase another TV of my choice. I did not get another OLED, got LG LED instead with some credit left over to purchase anything else I wish for. Pretty good warranty IMO.
Curious, what did the warranty cost ?

Reactions: charlesrshell