Olympics Are On Bravo Channel 502 (Not 501)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GooberVoomer

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2004
I just discovered late last night that Bravo's Olympic coverage is on channel 502. All this time I've been wondering why Bravo was showing Circus de Soleil and their normal Arts and Croisaints content when the Olymics are going on. Thanks VOOM and NBC. Shazamm!

Yeah, well after the Olympics BravoHD will most likely run the 2004 Olympics in HD, probably longer better cut segments.

I wish VOOM would put their Arts and Croissants content on 502 and the Olympics on BravoHD. But the picture quality on 502 still appears better than normal standard definition. Now if NBC would only consider an HD Fishin' Channel...

Technical Question

If the Olympics is shot in HD, why can't VOOM put Bravo 502 in HD? Not enough bandwidth avialable? That's what I mean about bandwidth waste. I would much rather see the Olympics in HD than an old John Wayne Western, even though he's my most favorite movie star.

GooberVoomer said:
If the Olympics is shot in HD, why can't VOOM put Bravo 502 in HD? Not enough bandwidth avialable? That's what I mean about bandwidth waste. I would much rather see the Olympics in HD than an old John Wayne Western.

That was NBC's decision... not VOOMS.

Jerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)