Omaha Steaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I've ordered from them. Very good product, but it is usually overpriced. I really like their "Steak burgers", but will not pay what they usually want for them. Sometimes they offer really good sales and I'll pick some up...

4 (5 oz.) Filet Mignons
4 (6 oz.) Top Sirloins
4 (4 oz.) Boneless Pork Chops
2 (4.5 oz.) Stuffed Sole with Scallops and Crab
1 (1 lb.) Tenderloin Tips
8 (3 oz.) Gourmet Franks
4 (4 oz.) Gourmet Burgers
10 portions Potatoes au Gratin

Saw this for $99.99 That would feed me for 3 weeks almost.

Do they always have this for that price?

Their stuff is decent...but overpriced (particularly because you have to pay for overnight shipping).

I have ordered from them for gifts, but Id never buy Omaha for myself. Find you a good butcher shop and make friends with the guys behind the counter. You will be find it to be a far better deal in the long run.

They are the best, in fact ask the cheifs in your local ma and Pa steak houses that are not in Beef Country.

They often sell the comercial packaged steaks from Omaha Steaks.

But then again, Im from OMaha, I know they are good.

Theres a door to door outfit that I have dealt with called Butchers choice. Guy comes around in a little white ranger pickup and a big freezer in the bed that has beef and chicken products. I spent about $150 to get about $300 worth of steaks, tbones, fillets, sirloin burgers, ect ect. Each piece was vacuum sealed with no air at all, all product came frozen hard as steel when I got it, and the quality of the cut as well as the taste was top notch.

Do they give you coupons for the colonoscopy when you order, or do you have to ask for those special? =)>

Don't buy the hype of Omaha. Just find a quality butcher and ask for fresh USDA Aged PRIME, not select or choice. At least compare prices with shipping and taxes, but only buy PRIME as graded by the USDA.

Bob Haller said:
I thought frozen stuff never tasted as good as fresh?

Thats what I had thought to but the cuts I got from butchers choice tasted great and melted in your mouth like butter and overall were better than anything Ive gotten from the local markets.

Item Qty Each Total
01141 Seasoning 1/3.5oz 1 $2.99 $2.99
01381 Potatoes Stuffed Bkd 8/5.75 Oz 1 $12.99 $12.99
01517 Potato Wedges 2/8 Oz 1 $9.99 $9.99
01693 Bbq Baked Bns W/bf Brskt 20 Oz 1 $14.99 $14.99
04603 The Blockbuster Combo 1 $99.99 $99.99
(1 pkg.) Tenderloin Tips 1lb
(1 pkg.) Top Sirloin Steaks 4/6 Oz
(1 pkg.) Boneless Pork Chop 4/4 Oz
(1 pkg.) Stfd Sole W/scps&crb2/4.5
(1 pkg.) Gourmet Franks 8/3
(1 pkg.) Gourmet Burgers 4/4 Oz
(1 pkg.) Filet Mignons 4/5
(1 pkg.) Potatoes Au Gratin 10 Count

00118 Gourmet Burgers 8/4 Oz 1 $9.99 $9.99
09820 Order Discount Web Coupon 1 $20.00- $20.00-
Sub-total: $130.94
Shipping: $19.99
Additional shipping (Expedited delivery service): $14.00
Tax: $.00
Total: $164.93

This is what I bought last night. It will not be here till tues or wed so Ill let you know what I think.

Van said:
Thats what I had thought to but the cuts I got from butchers choice tasted great and melted in your mouth like butter and overall were better than anything Ive gotten from the local markets.

Every standard market carries the cheapest / lowest USDA grade thats why. It also is not dry aged properly; which you can also do at home for free. Remember ANGUS is a marketing brand, not a GRADE. So it really is no better than the same exact cut of the non-angus cut. Every now and then you will find a local market that will carry both choice and select, but neither come close to prime.

Looked so good I had to order some for myself. :hungry:

Carrot Cake
12 1 (2.5 lb.) Bag Tortilla Crusted Tilapia
8 (3 oz.) Pepper Jack Risotto Cakes
The Blockbuster Combo

Dinner at my house next saturday. :)

RichD said:
Looked so good I had to order some for myself. :hungry:
Carrot Cake
12 1 (2.5 lb.) Bag Tortilla Crusted Tilapia
8 (3 oz.) Pepper Jack Risotto Cakes
The Blockbuster Combo
Dinner at my house next saturday. :)

I'm there. Ill bring the beer!:haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts