Omegasat 5700 issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

k9mar

Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
Milwaukee,Wi
I also have a problem with my Omegasat dsb 5700. I have scanned 97w in many different ways and so far all I get is pay channels and a few radio live ones. I'm just wondering if there's an update or something else I need to do. I'm able to get the Pentagon Channel and four oriental stations from other satellites but the 200 plus channels I'm getting are scrambled.

Hello,I seem to be doing everything right with my omegasat dsb 5700 but all I get is about 236 No Name channels. Do I need a different receiver?

broke your posts off some really old threads. Better to star a new thread ;)

Pentagon and the other channels are on 101W so you are off a smidge.
But we need some more info
-what size dish do you have?
-LNB type? I assume its the right kind as you're getting Pentagon
-motorized or a fixed dish?

Hello IceBerg, First of all Thanks for the warm welcome and fast reply. I bought a whole WS International system with a Ku Band 75cm antenna, single universal lnbf 10.7ghz-12.75ghz input and Omegasat DSB 5701. This unit also has a motor that I haven't installed yet. What I meant by the pentagon channel is that I have also scanned that satellite moving the antenna around, I'm concentrating more on Galaxy 19 right now. My dish is stationary at 97 deg. West and have tried all possible lnbf freqs. and so far all I get is 236 scrambled channels out of that satellite and four radio stations. I have read about files and updates but have not been able to find any. Thanks Again!!!

A universal linear LNBF will have the L.O. setting of 9750/10600, 22k on or auto.

There are about that many channels on 97W, but they are mostly ITC (in the clear), not scrambled. What are some of the channel names? You may be on a DBS satellite (Dish Network or Bell ExpressVu Canada). A linear LNBF will still pick up such channels at about half signal quality.

I will re align the antenna once I get a day off from work and it gets a little warmer out there, It's cold up here in wisconsin. Will be posting results...73's

Hello Everyone, The weather up here in Wisconsin has gotten a little better and were able to go out and tweak the system around for a while. Finally I was able to find 97w and receiving some 117 channels or so. It's a very interesting and fun hobby. Thanks to all of you I now have another way to keep my mind busy exploring new horizons.

WS International 38" Dish;OmegasatDSB5701;International Universal Ku LNBF.

219 channels scanned in on the Pansat 3500. 87 radio channels (Cubana de TV scans in as radio as it's mpeg4 video w/ mpeg audio)

Finally got it,Moved it left just a bit and now getting 240 channels including 86 radio. "EBRU TV NOT A BAD CHANNEL"
Is there anything open @ Galaxy 16 ? Thinking about making that my next target once I install the motor.

Nothing that I've noticed there in a while that would want me to stay there long. Over the other direction on 95W is CCTV Doc that I 'tune in' now and then. Interesting stuff on there now and then. Check out The List (Link on every page top) lists it as STRONG.
Before moving the dish, mark the pole/mount for azimuth(rotation) and the elevation scale so it's easy to 'return'.
Noticed you're going to install a motor, Ah, a whole new set of procedures.
Get used to aiming a a few satellites, not just one, before installing the motor. Get a 'feel' for it. Can only make getting the motor aligned easier.

Another list I reference is mikes at http://www.global-cm.net/mpeg2central.html (Maybe he'll have to drop the 2?? as there's mpeg4 listed also. )

On Galaxy 16, you might take a look at Shalom TV, which sometimes has some neat TV programs and movies. If you go a touch further, you can get the Pentagon channel on 101 (along with BVN Dutch TV). However, I'm with FaT Air in that you'd probably end up watching more on 95W. When I had a stationary dish, I always ended up pointing it back at 97W in the end just for the sheer quantity and variety of stations. Once you start moving to find different satellites, you'll be shocked at how small a movement one degree is! Have fun :)

Just started that new project I mentioned the other day. Still using A 75cm dish, omegasat DBS5701 and a new C Band lnbf-ESX241. Input freq. 3.4-4.2 and input 950-1750 with a low one of5150. Tried scanning 95.0 West with no results. "If I can't fix it, It ain't broke" JOHN SMEJKAL

Wow! jumping right into the nano~BUD arena already. Good Luck. Be sure to cruise the forum for others results.

Catching a C-band signal on a 75cm dish will be like trying to catch a feather with a spoon in a hurricane. Probably not going to happen unless everything is perfectly optimized and luck is on your side.

You might try the Lesea transponder on 99w. It is one of the stronger transponders and you might lock on.

Just got a Satlink 4" LCD sat finder but has not tested yet, It's a little time consuming going in and out every time. Any reviews on this fine piece of equipment besides the ones I read before buying it?.

WSI 38"
OMEGASAT 5701
INT.UNIVERSAL KU LNBF:cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)