Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bash2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
PA
Hello,

Before I start I really like to thank this site for all the information i have used to setup or try to setup my dish to get FTA Galaxy 25.

Here it goes.. I have the following equipments
OmegaSat DSB5700 Receiver
Winegard Satellite Dish Ku Band 76cm Dish Universal Mount
POWERSAT KU BAND LNBF LINEAR TYPE:10750, 0.4dB

Location is Reading, PA USA
Satellite: 97.0W Galaxy 25
Elevation: 38.6°
Azimuth (true): 210.7°
Azimuth (magn.): 222.5°

I used Sat finder equipment signal go up to 10 but on tv it shows zero quality signal of about 33%. I ran the blind scan and got few (6-10) FTA channels but the channels my wife and I want are not even showing up we are after Afghan (Ariana and few others) , Iran and Arabic Channels.

My Question is how I sat my DSB 5700 receiver to get the Galaxy 25 Ku channels.

My receiver settings are

LNB power: on
LNB Type: standard
LNB Frequency: Frequency 10750
22KHZ: off
Dsicq : off
motor: no

There are other settings which am confused about.

Thanks in Advnace

I'm real new at this and may not be much help, but from what I've read on this sight, it seems as though the settings you have listed are correct. Assuming that you are aimed at the correct satellite, I'd suggest adjusting the skew on the LNBF. About the best way I've been able to do that is to take a small TV out to the antenna, find a transponder (channel) that you can get with a fair signal, loosen the clamp on the LNBF and carefully, slowly rotate it while watching the quality reading on the screen. You might even try moving it closer or farther from the dish (a small amount is all that it will move, but may help some). From what you wrote, it sounds as though you get a few of the channels on the right satellite, just not the ones you want.

This is my best guess right now, others will most likely be in here soon and give more information if needed.

Good luck.............;)

Yep, I confirmed your aiming numbers. Sounds good.

Since you didn't mention skew, ya should twist the LNB as DishDigger suggested, to peak the quality of your signal.
(23° counterclockwise, if you are standing in front of the dish, looking at LNB & dish face)

Not familiar with that receiver, but you're lucky it has blind scan.
That probably helped you out a lot. - :up

Of course, to confirm you are on the correct satellite, please list some of the channels you found.
Code:
[FONT=Fixedsys].... 
                     Reading, Berks, Pennsylvania 19601
                Latitude 40° 20.886'N Longitude 75° 56.147'W

Sat Name, Sat Lng, Az(t), Az(m),    El,  Skew
---------------------------------------------------------------------------  
                             Telstar 5,   97.0W, 210.7, 222.5,  38.5,  22.9
    [/FONT]

peak dish

If you're getting some channels on 97 already, I'd try peaking the elevation and azimuth on the dish for maximum quality. Then blind-scan again. See if you get channels on both horizontal and vertical. If not, then you prob will need to adjust the lnbf-skew, as suggested. Keep us posted on your progress.

Success!! thank you for all the tips and info.

I took out a small tv to the backyard and left receiver on responder 1 and there is like 36 different responders (Should i pick certain responder or it doesn't matter).
I twisted around the LNB (skew) few times got like very little signal ( this help me pick up better signal). Than I played with Azimuth signal got a tad better than i played with dish side to side and got a lot better signal. Ran a blind scan got like 250 out of 550 channels. Some of the channels are scrambled and few channels are repeated. I got Afghan channels (Ariana Afghan and some soccer channels!)

Not sure what these are for but when i go through settings there are 36 responders i am getting Pittcom, Globecast, RRSat Global NE, Loop 9850.

The highest Quality I achieved is like 45% and lowest i got was like 7% most are in the 20%. I didn't play with dish because I was excited that i got signal.

Whats good quality number I should be looking for?? 40%, 50% 75% i know higher is better but what should I try to aim for???

It was 4 days task and a frustrated man ( upset wife) but it all paid off :)

(Should i pick certain responder or it doesn't matter).
Yes, it matters.
Use this link to find the Transponder your channel is on....
Galaxy 25 at 97.0°W - LyngSat
Look at the first column on the Left for the Freq, scroll down to the Freq.'s with 5 digits and look for your Channel. Then, in the receiver, try to find a Freq. that matches and tweak signal.

You want the highest Q as possible, the Q will go down when weather moves in, so get the most you can. Small moves, very small moves.

Can you find 11867 V?
11867 is Vertical, that would give you a good indication the your Skew is good.
All receivers are different, but Q67 sounds pretty good.
If you still have the TV out at the Dish, you can just put pressure Up / Down / Left / Right to see if there is any improvement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts