OTHER Omegasat DSB-6000U

Tphambo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2016
Lancaster pa
hi everyone! I'm a new member and have a questions about this Omegasat receiver. This receiver is brand new out of the box and hooked up to a motorized system. I went to the menu section to figure out how to set up USALS, and to enter my longitude and latitude location. Can't seen to find it anywhere in the menu section! Plus I can't exit the menu! The manual that came with it doesn't tell me anything! What am I doing wrong? Do I need to download something or do I have a defective receiver? Please help!!

Welcome to SatelliteGuys Tphambo
Been awhile since I have had one of those receivers.
Anyway have you tried hitting the OK/set/enter button while you have USALS highlighted?

Reactions: Tphambo
Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

I don't have specific knowledge of that receiver, but usually the menus work the same. Highlight USALS and press OK to open a secondary window to enter the Longitude and Latitude.

This receiver is DVBS MPEG2, so it will be limited to SD channels. Probably best for using on 97w KU.

Welcome to Satellite Guys Tphambo! I don't have any experience with that receiver but did find a listing on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/OmegaSat-DS...-FTA-Digital-Satellite-Receiver-/181752844934) that shows the specs on the side of the box. USALS is not listed although it would appear to support Diseqc 1.2 motor control. Perhaps someone who knows more about this receiver can confirm. Anyway welcome and good luck! :)

Thanks for the replies you guys! 97w is what I like to get and the receiver support Diseqc 1.2 and USALS compatible. But nowhere in the menu section or the manual that I can find anything about USALS! I'm confused! I find this receiver not users friendly, especially a novice like myself! Anyway, are there another brand receiver that you guys recommend that are easy setup and better support?thanks!

doing some research (which there was minimal responses) it says it was This receiver is the official replacement for the Samsung DSB 4700F and Omegasat DSB5700/DSB5701.
Looks like it added MPEG4 capability but not HD

I had the 4700 and dont think it has USALS. Lemme go through some old screenshots I have of it. But if you just want 97W USALS is a moot point. Thats for motoring to other satellites

According to the specs it's SD only and no USALS. Where did you get your information that it has USALs capability, from the Ebay listing? If it's from the Ebay listing you might want to return it.

That is an outdated receiver, but if all you are going to use it for is 97W Ku, it will be fine and no need for USALS.
If you are going to motorize it, and no USALS it will be tougher to set-up.

Reactions: Mr Tony
OMEGASAT DSB-6000U Specification:
  • Optimized Display Optimized for Flat Panel Displays
  • Component Y/Pb/Pr Output
  • Enhanced circuitry to compensate for sub-standard satellite signals
  • DiSEqC 1.0/1.1/1.2 & USALS compatible for controlling & motor installation
  • OSD teletext, subtitle & audio language selection for user preference.
  • Screen saver function for LED TV screen protection
  • Digital audio bit stream output
  • Multiple language on screen display
  • Picture In Graphics function supported
  • Fully compliant to MPEG-2 & MPEG-4 and DVB standards
  • Enhanced ST20 32-bit VL-RISC CPU 200MHz
  • Multi-Picture display
  • Aspect Ratio4:3, 16:9
  • Video StandardNTSC
  • Data Rate15 Mbits/s
  • Video EncoderMPEG-2MPEG-4 MP@ML
  • Code Rate1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8
  • Symbol Rate2~45Msps
  • DemodulationWave formQPSK
  • 1,000 programmable channels
  • 200 favorite channel list
  • 9 favorite lists

Sorry, not sure what I'm doing but I copy and paste from the eBay listing to the thread above! It mentioned USALS so I bought it! Did I get scam or I just don't know how to find that USALS setting?

There is no USALS on it. It does have Diseqc 1.2 which will still move a motor. But you have to set it up yourself

But you mentioned using it for 97W only which means you wouldnt need a motor

OMEGASAT DSB-6000U Specification:
  • Optimized Display Optimized for Flat Panel Displays
  • Component Y/Pb/Pr Output
  • Enhanced circuitry to compensate for sub-standard satellite signals
  • DiSEqC 1.0/1.1/1.2 & USALS compatible for controlling & motor installation
  • OSD teletext, subtitle & audio language selection for user preference.
  • Screen saver function for LED TV screen protection
  • Digital audio bit stream output
  • Multiple language on screen display
  • Picture In Graphics function supported
  • Fully compliant to MPEG-2 & MPEG-4 and DVB standards
  • Enhanced ST20 32-bit VL-RISC CPU 200MHz
  • Multi-Picture display
  • Aspect Ratio4:3, 16:9
  • Video StandardNTSC
  • Data Rate15 Mbits/s
  • Video EncoderMPEG-2MPEG-4 MP@ML
  • Code Rate1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8
  • Symbol Rate2~45Msps
  • DemodulationWave formQPSK
  • 1,000 programmable channels
  • 200 favorite channel list
  • 9 favorite lists

If you purchased your receiver on ebay from this listing ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/OmegaSat-DS...-FTA-Digital-Satellite-Receiver-/181752844934 ) then it appears the seller mentioned capabilities that the receiver doesn't have. The seller lists USALS but if you look at picture 5 in the listing the box only states it has diseqc 1.2 functionality. If you want USALS then you should try to get your money back.

Reactions: Tphambo and Mr Tony
Receivers for FTA are really in a state of flux at the moment. Seems we are transitioning from boxes with dedicated FTA functionality to boxes based on Android that can do things like run apps, access the internet, etc. Seems like a great idea but some have had stability issues. If you just want a box for FTA try to find an Amiko Mini HD SE or GeosatPro Micro HD. They have been discontinued but are good, solid boxes that do FTA really well. Perhaps a Manhattan DJ1997. If you want a box that does more there's the Amiko A3 (android based, bigger learning curve but lots of features). I have one and have had a few issues with it but mine does FTA pretty well. I can't recommend much else than those at present.
EDIT: Avoid the cheap receivers from China you see on ebay. Most do not do Dolby audio (which many channels are switching to) and support after the purchase is usually poor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)