OMG! Adam-12 very first ever show on air today!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
You can catch the west coast one in a few hours, it's 7pm for me.

And the Rockford Files ended with a woman laying in bed listening to a police radio, they were doing all the 1-Adam whatever stuff and then the "with chains and knives" like the Adam-12 intro.

Following that is the very first episode ever of Adam-12 where Malloy (hunk :p) and Reed (hunk :p) become partners after Malloy's partner is KIA.

Seems to be all narration so far. Pretty cool!

"Adam-12" Log 1: The Impossible Mission (1968) - Plot Summary

Pete Malloy, a six year veteran of the L.A.P.D., plans on quitting the force after his partner is killed. However, prior to his handing in his resignation he is to break in rookie officer Jim Reed on his first night on the force. During what would be the first patrol of their seven year partnership the two officers deal with a hysterical woman who thinks her son's salamander has crawled down the back of her dress, a pair of liquor store robbers, a baby in distress and a group of trigger happy teenagers.

Enjoy! ;)

You can catch the west coast one in a few hours, it's 7pm for me.

And the Rockford Files ended with a woman laying in bed listening to a police radio, they were doing all the 1-Adam whatever stuff and then the "with chains and knives" like the Adam-12 intro.

Following that is the very first episode ever of Adam-12 where Malloy (hunk :p) and Reed (hunk :p) become partners after Malloy's partner is KIA.

Seems to be all narration so far. Pretty cool!

"Adam-12" Log 1: The Impossible Mission (1968) - Plot Summary

Enjoy! ;)

Dee_Ann, COOL :up

I am watching it, too! :)

RADAR

How sad. :river

The end brought me to tears. Yeah, I know, it's just a tv show but I can't help it.

I noticed Malloy's eyes got a tiny bit moist at the funeral. What was amazing was that no one, not even the widow shed a tear. Was I the only one to cry? Sigh..
Such a sad episode. I hope the next one is more up-beat.

How sad. :river

The end brought me to tears. Yeah, I know, it's just a tv show but I can't help it.

I noticed Malloy's eyes got a tiny bit moist at the funeral. What was amazing was that no one, not even the widow shed a tear. Was I the only one to cry? Sigh..
Such a sad episode. I hope the next one is more up-beat.

Dee_Ann,

I know how much you like the two "boys in blue" show - Adam 12. After watching that episode, I was touched, too. They really put a heart wrenching story in that one!

In one of your other posts, you mentioned that you detested violence, yet you watch Adam-12 with a eagerness and devotion as if it were a passion.

I understand that there is a difference between Adam-12 and a "war movie". However, I still want you to run down to your local movie rental shop and get the movie "The Sea Chase" with John Wayne and Lana Turner.

If you like the thrill of Adam 12 and the stuff that they present in the show, you really ought to LOVE this movie, it is really good and hardly no-one knows about it.

It is one of those forgotten classics.

Check it out, Dee. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed. It will leave you with a good feeling. You might even watch it over and over again.

Gordy (your buddy RADAR)

Dee_Ann,

I know how much you like the two "boys in blue" show - Adam 12. After watching that episode, I was touched, too. They really put a heart wrenching story in that one!

In one of your other posts, you mentioned that you detested violence, yet you watch Adam-12 with a eagerness and devotion as if it were a passion.

I understand that there is a difference between Adam-12 and a "war movie". However, I still want you to run down to your local movie rental shop and get the movie "The Sea Chase" with John Wayne and Lana Turner.

If you like the thrill of Adam 12 and the stuff that they present in the show, you really ought to LOVE this movie, it is really good and hardly no-one knows about it.

Check it out, Dee. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed. It will leave you with a good feeling. You might even watch it over and over again.

Gordy (your buddy RADAR)

I will... Dad has it. He's a war nut. I'm going shopping tomorrow for winter wear and I'll spin by their place to pick it up. Not much dad doesn't have.

As to my watching the shows Adam-12 and Dragnet, well, the truth is, I appreciate the hero's, they are honest, *decent* and incorruptible. Not to mention, they *are* very pleasant to look at.. :p (well, at least Malloy and Reed are, The Dragnet guys, they are a bit older than I prefer. LOL!)

And really, they don't show any gory stuff or blood splatter nonsense like stuff nowadays does. I just hate modern tv and movies with all the gore and blood, like those "saw" movies, those are garbage and should be banned. People that like those are mentally ill. Period.

I never have and never will like movies that fall under the genre's of
scary, gore, violent, war, or anything remotely similar.

At most, I might watch some vampire movies with my BFF but only if they aren't gory. "Dark Shadows" of the 60's & 70's was the upper limit of scary for me. :)

Thank you guys! :)

I watched that too. Jack Webb narrated the opening credits. A word in the title of the episode (Elegy for a Pig ) caught my eye because I didn't know what it meant. - Elegy?

After googling "Elegy for a Pig" the following came up:

"Adam-12" Elegy for a Pig (1970)

I noticed the odd word too, I think someone forgot a vowel there. Or maybe that's how they say it on the west coast?

I personally think though that the use of the slur, "pig" was disrespectful and could have been changed to something better. But that's just my opinion.

:)

I will... Dad has it. He's a war nut. I'm going shopping tomorrow for winter wear and I'll spin by their place to pick it up. Not much dad doesn't have.

As to my watching the shows Adam-12 and Dragnet, well, the truth is, I appreciate the hero's, they are honest, *decent* and incorruptible. Not to mention, they *are* very pleasant to look at.. :p (well, at least Malloy and Reed are, The Dragnet guys, they are a bit older than I prefer. LOL!)

And really, they don't show any gory stuff or blood splatter nonsense like stuff nowadays does. I just hate modern tv and movies with all the gore and blood, like those "saw" movies, those are garbage and should be banned. People that like those are mentally ill. Period.

I never have and never will like movies that fall under the genre's of
scary, gore, violent, war, or anything remotely similar.

At most, I might watch some vampire movies with my BFF but only if they aren't gory. "Dark Shadows" of the 60's & 70's was the upper limit of scary for me. :)

Thank you guys! :)

Dee,

From me personally, you are welcome for any hints and help and fun information that I can send your way.

I do understand your position and style on the movies and series and content.

Please promise me that, after you get a chance to watch "The Sea Chase" movie that you will post your own personal opinion about that movie (send me a PM when you do so that I will know when to look for your critique.

But, for now, catch you later Dee!

RADAR

As far as the word "Pig" is concerned.

Phottoette was a Homicide cop with the New Orleans PD over 20 years ago, and she has a belt buckle she still proudly wears, a brass pig.

And if your wondering, Pig actually means "Pride, Integrity, and Guts."

If you look around, you'll see a LOT of cops wearing Pig emblems on their person, buckles, small badges, wrist watches, etc.

Photto

Dee_Ann,

Gordy (your buddy RADAR)

I'll be brief as I'm already in bed and on my iPhone.

I watched the movie but am unsure what to make of it. I'll post more tomorrow from a pc. But yes, I did watch Sea Chase.

Nite nite! :)

I will look forward to your impression of that movie.

It is unique, but there is a definite meaning contained within it. It isn't apparent at first, it is a bit obscured. You may not detect it if you watch the movie just for sheer entertainment purposes. But, take a step back and think about what just happened in that movie, all of it, and let it gel in your mind for a moment.

Think about history, and devotion to country and humanity and try to place yourself in the same position as Captain Ehrlich. Now add honor and integrity and duty.

In my personal opinion, it is what makes a MAN out of a human being and a HUMAN BEING out of a man.

Not to sound like a total arrogant and inconsiderate male, there is also something in the story line that revolves around the lady (Lana Turner). Her character began as a cold and matter-of-fact spy or agent, but she developed a sense of humanity as well.

The whole story is pure fiction, but you almost wish it were true. At least it makes me feel a certain compassion for humanity. I watch it over and over again so that I am reminded that not everything in this world is cut and dried, but that if you follow your true heart and (if you don't mind my religious convictions) following what is honest and pure in God's eyes and not in man's conception or perception.

You will pardon me if I inform you that I am not as good of a person as I wish I could be. But, when I watch this movie and a few others, I am reminded to try to be better.

The other movies that inspire me are High Noon, Meet John Doe, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence, A Man to Remember, The Glenn Miller Story (that's one of my all time favorites), Heaven Knows Mr. Allison, The Bridge on the River Kwai and the African Queen.

I do wish I were as good and as strong as my heroes in these movies but, unfortunately, I am just little ole me. I am not a John Wayne, not a Marshall Dillon, but I wish I could be. These are my heroes. These are the "characters" to whom I look up to. I don't think that it matters that they are just fictional icons if it makes me a better person to emulate them or their ways.

Of course, my Dad was my greatest hero of all time. He was real, a real life hero, not a character in a movie. I know the difference, of course.

There are so many kids (boys and girls) who do not have any heroes today. I feel badly for them. They have nothing to mark their progress with, nothing to set real goals by. I feel sorry for them. It isn't fair to them, to be without honest goals and dreams. To be without honest heroes and heroins. It is a big shame.

I don't request a pardon for being sentimental. I think that it is good to feel this way. I just wish there were a pardon for those who do not feel so.

Maybe you can detect why I like certain movies so much and so well. I am missing my youth. I reflect on it often and wish I could live it over again, and do a few things differently, knowing what I know now. Not too much, but just a few things. I could be a better person if I had done things differently way back when. But, it is never too late to be good, to be better.

Now, when you take another peak at the movie "The Sea Chase", will you ponder my personal thoughts?

Gordy

ok, I'm on a pc now.

I watched Sea Chase.

I'm sorry to say that I am still not a fan of war movies. I grew up in a household where Dad watched that stuff *all* *the* *time*... Needless to say, he's a dyed in the wool, right wing nut.

First off, the movie was dripping with testosterone. Angry, muscled up men pushing, shoving, mouthing off. None at all making any attempt what so ever to get along with one another.

As soon as I heard the nazi stuff on radio they were listening to, I lost interest in it.

Lana Turner, as usual, was manhandled and bossed around.

John Wayne, well, he's a manly man. And Sheriff Dillion? WOW! First time I ever saw him with his shirt off! :eek:

Some of the other men? Eh, not so hot.

All the fighting and squabbling and plotting was a big turn off.

The bad guy that murdered the stranded men on that island? He sucked. Bad man. Very bad man. I was glad to see him get popped in the mouth but he really deserved much more. But then again, I do not approve of violence.

I guess about half way through or so I found I couldn't follow the plot any more. It was boring and I simply could not focus on the movie any more. I just sort of sat there and it went in one eyeball and out the other. It zombified me I guess you could say. It just stopped registering in my brain at some point and I simply sat through till it ejected out of the player. :sleeo :sleeo :sleeo :sleeo

I did notice that Wayne seemed to be a decent man, the most decent of the lot.
I mean like he was trying to do the right thing all the way through and had a rough time dealing with rowdy men who wanted to overthrow him and take over.
And he was *pi:censored:ed off big times about the murderer guy.

The kid that killed himself, I think that's actually the point where I went into zombie mode. I didn't need to see that. I don't like to see that. I'm very sensitive on that particular subject.

The end was totally confusing to me. The sinking ship and all, I don't at all get that part. Again, I was in zombie mode by then.

Marshall Dillion without a shirt on? That was the *best* I've ever seen him. (I hate westerns)

Oh, and your list of other movies. Hmm.

I have heard of High Noon but I don't think I've ever seen it.

"Meet John Doe, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence, A Man to Remember, The Glenn Miller Story (that's one of my all time favorites), Heaven Knows Mr. Allison"

Never heard of any of those and never seen them, to the best of my knowledge unless maybe Dad watched them when I was little. I do not know.

The Bridge on the River Kwai and the African Queen, I have seen both of those. The bridge movie, that was so totally depressing I vowed never to see it again. The African Queen, I simply didn't care to sit through it. An alcoholic, dirty old man in a dirty old boat and the constant bickering just wasn't my idea of entertainment.
That was another unmemorable movie for me. I'm not a Bogart fan.

I also saw that movie with Bogart, the "Play it again Sam" movie. I don't remember the name of it. I didn't care for it either.

I assume that a constant consumption of war movies is a staple of the male entertainment diet. It was with my dad and most men I have ever met.
Men like fighting, killing, destruction, things blowing up, monstrous fireballs, fast driving, crashes, rockets, guns, guns and more guns and pretty, young women in skimpy outfits.

I watched that STUPID movie, Transformers with my grandson and I was 101% turned off by it. What's with all the silly machines that flip and fold and mutate into various other machines? That's so totally impossible and just stupid. Death and destruction was the bottom line of that stupid movie.

I would have rather that he not had seen that movie. But his mother insisted I take him to see it. Ugh. I wanted to walk out.

When my son was little, he used to watch Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles.
During the show he would sit perfectly still and quiet. He would get MAD if anyone talked during his show and tell you off, fast.

When a commercial break would come on, he would go insane and start beating up his little sister, throwing couch cushions around the room, jumping and kicking and just go crazy. He was acting out what he saw in the tv shows. And he acted it out on his sister. I didn't like him watching that nonsense but guess who sat and watched it with him? His dad.

Thank goodness he outgrew that stuff and turned out to be a good young man despite his radical childhood.

I really don't understand the male attraction to violence and destruction. "Do it my way or we'll kill you and blow everything up!" is how most movies go.
And in the real world that's mostly how it goes too. Talk trash, point guns and if talking trash fails, pull the trigger and shoot it out. One on one and country on country.

I am against war, all wars, for whatever reason. People need to leave people be.
Stop bossing people around, stop threatening people with destruction if they don't worship you. Stop threatening people if they don't accept your god. Stop threatening people if they don't chew bubble gum the way you do. Please.

Live and let live. It's easy. I've heard the term, "Agree to disagree" then walk off. Go back to your country, your house and do your own thing, as long as it hurts no one else.

I can't and won't apologise for my lack of enthusiasm for the genre of entertainment that focuses on war, fighting, destruction, death, killing, violence, etc..

And really, there's just far too much of that stuff out there. Men are roughly half the planet's population (I think) but entertainment is dominated by malecentric themes by probably 90% if not more. Yes, I know it's a man's world and men run the world and all that but ya'll also run and control movies, tv and the remote control at home. There's so very little out there for our half of the planet. So very little. :(

On the FTA satellite it's the same thing. Look at the RTV lineup, 99% the shows are malecentric. The one sort of exception is Alfred Hitchcock. His show varies from time to time on the characters.

I have never had any luck finding "I Love Lucy" on that tele-culture channel.
ION is like either infomercials or religious stuff everytime I tune to it. I don't bother anymore. The History channel is usually stupid stuff, like UFO's, Big Foot and Nostradomus nonsense. What has that to do with history? Please. I do like their shows on the universe and how the earth was made, those are interesting.

PBS (I think there are 6 PBS channels) almost always has something interesting to watch. Not always but usually.

Really, that's about all I get. I get the local OTA channels but most of that is brain dead sitcoms for the shallow thinker.

There is one sitcom I miss a lot, Grace under Fire. Brett Butler, oh I love her! Her deadpan delivery was always so on the mark and usually oh so true. She was truly a very, very funny woman. I haven't seen her on tv in ages.
Rosanne is ok but more crude than Grace. Not a very classy woman. Still, she has her funny moments. I was getting that on TV Land for a bit just before they killed that. And I liked the Beverly Hillbillies a lot. Granny was so darn funny! Sigh. All gone now.

One of the local OTA's is CW and they play Rosanne sometimes. Oh, and Married with Children. I'm not much of a fan of that show, Al treats Peg so badly. The whole family is so hateful towards one another. I do love Peg's hair though, I keep swearing that one day I'm going to do a Peg Bundy hairdo, just for fun. I've got the red, I just need it to be a bit longer, that's a LOT of teasing going on there. :D Yes, I know, that's silly but you have to have a little fun now and then.

My friend has cable and she gets like all the women's channels, Lifetime, WE, Oxygen, etc. But to get all the women's channels you have to subscribe to the most expensive channel package, they put those at the top of the digital package and you have to shell out the big gold to get them. :deal: And you also have to subsidise a truckload of crummy channels that you hate and will never watch and many of them you may even object to. So I should pay for channels I object to and refuse to watch? I don't think so.

Because you can't chose only the channels you want and pay for only those channels, I refuse to play their game. I could live with say a dozen channels of my choosing but they refuse to allow me that option. Pay TV is a scam and a rip off. :deal:
You do NOT get what you pay for. You pay BIG $$$ for only a scant few watchable channels, the rest going unwatched forever.

There really is not much on tv or in movies that I can call "entertainment".
I don't really watch that much tv to be honest. The tv is almost always on, for background noise. I'm usually on the phone with my BFF or online chatting with friends. I rarely actually sit and actually watch anything. I like Leave it to Beaver but often I miss it in the mornings. I like Adam-12 and Dragnet but usually have them turned down, that's when my best friend *always* calls to chat. Bless her heart, I just can't find it in me to ask her not to call in the afternoons so I can watch a tv show. I usually have to try and catch it at the west coast repeat a few hours later. Her and I, we kill a LOT of cell phone batteries. I ended up buying a battery cradle for my iPhone so I can make it through the day. iPhones have terrible battery life BTW. She doesn't watch tv at all. They have satellite but she just doesn't watch it, ever. Her boyfriend watches the History channel all the time, she just ignores it, tunes it out. I agree with her, very little of value shows on the History channel.

I wish there were more free GOOD channels on satellite but America is too commercialised, too profit driven, too greedy, to capitalistic to allow anyone to get anything for free. Goddess forbid, one dare not even THINK of using the word "free" in conversation, how totally un-American, how alien a concept, "free"..

In socialist Europe there are lots of free things. Lots of free tv channels for people.
Must be rough, living in a socialist society like they do in Europe. I wonder if we *might* get some free channels soon, what with our new socialist president? I mean everyone says he's a socialist so I guess we should be getting all sorts of free things soon. :rolleyes:

Ok, I'm tired, I've ranted on enough. I'm sure you think I'm a total kook by now. That's cool, I know I'm a bit kooky, I don't really go with the flow, I sort of stepped out of the mainstream and decided I wanted to be a free thinker. !protest

I'm sorry to disappoint but I just couldn't get into the movie, those sort of movies just don't do anything for me. Please, just remember, men and women see things very differently, we have different priorities and interests. All the wishing and hoping in the world won't change my lack of interest in war things. I'm against war, it's a huge turn off for me. I grew up in a household where I was exposed to a LOT of that, Dad controlled the tv when I was little and he still does to this day. That's why Mom watches tv in the bedroom and Dad watches tv in the living room. I really saw more of that stuff than I wish I had.

At this point I think I will say goodnight and get some much needed rest. Tomorrow I have chores to do that I will not enjoy.

Nite nite all.. :sleeo :sleeo :sleeo

Wow...saw the Adam-12 thread and found what appears to be a novel. J/K Dee_Ann.

Hulu is an Adam-12 fan's best friend. Seasons 1-4 on demand. I actually sub to Netflix for $9.95/month. They have Seasons 5-7. I've been watching on a semi-regular basis for almost a year. I'm up to Season 5, episode 4. It was my favorite show as a kid.

Dee,

Shucks, I had hoped that you would have liked the movie better. Oh well, that's alright. At least you got to see Marshall Dillon with his shirt off! Ha Ha! :)

I think that you did catch the idea that inspired me about the movie, and that was John Wayne's character throughout.

He was always in the middle of something bad. Fighting Nazis on one side, running from the British Navy on the other and trying to squelch a mutiny among his own men. But, all along, maintaining dignity and being a humanitarian. Like when he gave the old cook the job of lookout, to make him feel that he was just as important as any other crew member. Or when he recalled the names of the two dead soldiers from long ago who were buried on that island. Or when he set the injured men and the dead crewmember out on the liferaft so that they could be cared for properly, as well as being a decoy.

Yes, I think you picked up on that, but the rest of the movie wasn't a turn on for you. Sorry that it wasn't.

You might like Mr. Smith Goes to Washington or Meet John Doe better. No war stuff in there.

Gordy

My friend has cable and she gets like all the women's channels, Lifetime, WE, Oxygen, etc. But to get all the women's channels you have to subscribe to the most expensive channel package, they put those at the top of the digital package and you have to shell out the big gold to get them. :deal: And you also have to subsidise a truckload of crummy channels that you hate and will never watch and many of them you may even object to. So I should pay for channels I object to and refuse to watch? I don't think so.

Here I can really agree with you! They really need to offer an "A-la-Carte" system for what channels you subscribe to. Why pay for channels that you won't watch just to get a few that you wish to.

Gordy

Hooked

Dee_Ann,

Well, you didn't like my movie so much, but you got me hooked on Adam-12! :)

I would normally be at work when it comes on, but I am on vacation for a few weeks now so I can watch it every day. I guess I will have to set it up for recording now, along with Daniel Boone, The Rockford Files and Andy Griffith!

Gordy

Excellent ADAM-12 show today!

A drunk driver who killed someone (not so happy), a shoplifter that was given a reprieve on Christmas eve and a lost child that was found.

All very touching!

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts