OMG! Adam-12 very first ever show on air today!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dee Ann, why not invest in a DVD Burner, they are not very expensive now, Wal*Mart (or as they now portray themselves ... Walmart*) has several well under the $100 price range.

Set up timers, both on your Sat receiver and on the burner, then you can watch the programs YOU want to watch, WHEN you want to watch them?

I buy blank DVD-R discs very cheaply, and even cheaper if you buy then in the 100 packs, about $30 per 100 at Sams Club, Costco, Frys, places like that.

Hope this helps.

Photto

One of the local OTA's is CW and they play Rosanne sometimes. Oh, and Married with Children. I'm not much of a fan of that show, Al treats Peg so badly. The whole family is so hateful towards one another. I do love Peg's hair though, I keep swearing that one day I'm going to do a Peg Bundy hairdo, just for fun. I've got the red, I just need it to be a bit longer, that's a LOT of teasing going on there. :D Yes, I know, that's silly but you have to have a little fun now and then.
I'm sorry to disappoint but I just couldn't get into the movie, those sort of movies just don't do anything for me. Please, just remember, men and women see things very differently, we have different priorities and interests....

That's cool Dee_Ann. I don't think less of you for voicing your opinion.

It would be boring if everyone was the same.

However, I don't see how Peg Bundy treats Al nicely either... That kind of entertainment is not everyone's cup of tea... But in the end, their make believe family sticks together in their own way...

By the way, that was not the first episode or pilot episode of Adam-12.

Dee Ann, why not invest in a DVD Burner, they are not very expensive now, Wal*Mart (or as they now portray themselves ... Walmart*) has several well under the $100 price range.

Set up timers, both on your Sat receiver and on the burner, then you can watch the programs YOU want to watch, WHEN you want to watch them?

I buy blank DVD-R discs very cheaply, and even cheaper if you buy then in the 100 packs, about $30 per 100 at Sams Club, Costco, Frys, places like that.

Hope this helps.

Photto

Well actually, I have a pc home entertainment center. There's two tuner cards in it, one for satellite and one for local OTA. (I learned that OTA thing from you guys)

The pc can record and save videos on a schedule, the only problem is is that it does not at all show me what is coming up in the future nor does it even tell me what's playing right now, unlike my new HDTV which does. The HDTV doesn't record though. LOL..

So IF I know in advance that something is coming on, I can schedule it to record into the pc. I do have it scheduled to switch channels all through the day to *view* programs that I know come on at the same time every day. Like Leave it to Beaver, The Morning Show (RTV), Adam-12, etc... All day, every day it automatically changes channels by itself to the shows I like.

My roomie was tripping out about it for a few weeks, she thought the TV was possessed. I tried to explain to her it was automated but she didn't get it.

So anyway, I can play back the things I record but it's kinda clunky to do. I really hate Windows Media Center and it hates me back. I've tried all sorts of media center programs but never really found ONE that does everything. Oh well.

But DVD's? I haven't made any in ages. Too expensive. I did the match and figured out, I think, that it's cheaper just to put a new drive in the pc when the old one fills up, set the old one aside and deal with it in the future someday. Or maybe they will make a super big like ziggabyte drive and I can copy ALL of everything into one big fat drive. :D

That's cool Dee_Ann. I don't think less of you for voicing your opinion.

It would be boring if everyone was the same.

However, I don't see how Peg Bundy treats Al nicely either... That kind of entertainment is not everyone's cup of tea... But in the end, their make believe family sticks together in their own way...

By the way, that was not the first episode or pilot episode of Adam-12.

Oh, I know Peg is equally mean to Al. It's a little circle of meanness they have going on there.

On the Adam-12, I swear I thought that was the very first one ever.
But you're 100% correct! I double checked on IMDB and that was actually Season 3, episode 8.

Season 3, Episode 8: Elegy for a Pig

Original Air Date—21 November 1970
In this documentary style episode, Malloy narrates the story of his best friend Officer Tom Porter, who was killed chasing a suspect. He talks about how he and Porter applied for and attended the academy together and their history as members of the force. It also looks at Porter's personal life including how he met his wife Marge on the day he applied for the force and the birth of his two children.

Well darn. And I thought I was going to be able to catch the series from the very, very beginning. Oh well... I stand corrected. And red faced.. LOL :eek:

Thank you! :)

Dee,

Shucks, I had hoped that you would have liked the movie better. Oh well, that's alright. At least you got to see Marshall Dillon with his shirt off! Ha Ha! :)

I think that you did catch the idea that inspired me about the movie, and that was John Wayne's character throughout.

He was always in the middle of something bad. Fighting Nazis on one side, running from the British Navy on the other and trying to squelch a mutiny among his own men. But, all along, maintaining dignity and being a humanitarian. Like when he gave the old cook the job of lookout, to make him feel that he was just as important as any other crew member. Or when he recalled the names of the two dead soldiers from long ago who were buried on that island. Or when he set the injured men and the dead crewmember out on the liferaft so that they could be cared for properly, as well as being a decoy.

Yes, I think you picked up on that, but the rest of the movie wasn't a turn on for you. Sorry that it wasn't.

You might like Mr. Smith Goes to Washington or Meet John Doe better. No war stuff in there.

Gordy

Well now that you point those things out, yes, I see what you are talking about now.
I just sort of watched it with a glazed over, glassy eyed zombie stare. Much of it went right over my head. Maybe because I was looking for some secret hidden message in it or something. I just didn't know what I was supposed to be looking for. Maybe I'll watch it again in the bedroom on the big tv where there's no distractions and the screen is waaaay nicer.

I'll ask Dad about the other two movies next week, he may have them as well since my folks collect vintage movies.

Thanks! :)

It seems you have the basics, but to know WHAT and WHEN something is coming on, why not look into TYTANTV, their schedual is as good and reliable as anything I have found, and you can set it to your favorite programs, plus the locals. You can customize it to only the stations you watch, both OTA and satellite.

At least this way it will give you an idea what's coming so you can set your timers to see only the programs you may miss while you are out.

Just a thought.

As far as "expensive," you CAN buy the discs in bulk, as I said, about 30 cents each bought by the hundred, or for a few pennies more, get RW (re-writable) discs, after you watch a program, erase it and re-record ... again, just a thought.

Well actually, I have a pc home entertainment center. There's two tuner cards in it, one for satellite and one for local OTA. (I learned that OTA thing from you guys)

The pc can record and save videos on a schedule, the only problem is is that it does not at all show me what is coming up in the future nor does it even tell me what's playing right now, unlike my new HDTV which does. The HDTV doesn't record though. LOL..

So IF I know in advance that something is coming on, I can schedule it to record into the pc. I do have it scheduled to switch channels all through the day to *view* programs that I know come on at the same time every day. Like Leave it to Beaver, The Morning Show (RTV), Adam-12, etc... All day, every day it automatically changes channels by itself to the shows I like.

My roomie was tripping out about it for a few weeks, she thought the TV was possessed. I tried to explain to her it was automated but she didn't get it.

So anyway, I can play back the things I record but it's kinda clunky to do. I really hate Windows Media Center and it hates me back. I've tried all sorts of media center programs but never really found ONE that does everything. Oh well.

But DVD's? I haven't made any in ages. Too expensive. I did the match and figured out, I think, that it's cheaper just to put a new drive in the pc when the old one fills up, set the old one aside and deal with it in the future someday. Or maybe they will make a super big like ziggabyte drive and I can copy ALL of everything into one big fat drive. :D

I have found that using a hard drive to store the shows is the easiest for my situation. once you have a few shows recorded, it is too time consuming to try to either copy them to DVD or to master a DVD out of the files. VideoReDo does an excellent job of repairing files with any problems. I highly reconmend VideoReDo. Unfortunatelly, I have the same problem in that Titantv only gives a show discription and not an episode discription for my RTV listings. As for playing the files, if the computer is powerfull enough, it is just a matter of finding the right codecs to play the files smoothly. This can be a hugh task though, as one combination of codecs might play some files great and others poorly. One other way to go is to use a media tank to play your files on a tv. You record the files to an external hard disk, remove the hard disk and plug it into the media tank when you want to play them. I have heard many good comments on the Westen Digital media tank, but do not have one. It's on my list to keep an eye out for one during the boxing day sales. The popcorn hour gets great reviews, but is pricey.
Using hard drives to store your files is great, but you loose a lot of programs if one fails, not just 2 or 3 shows. When my internal hard drive starts filling up, I copy the shows to a USB external hard drive. Good deals on 1TB hard drives. They can be found around here for $89.00 CAN.

P.S. Does anyone have a listing for the RTV Ku satellite feeds that gives episode information?

One other way to go is to use a media tank to play your files on a tv. You record the files to an external hard disk, remove the hard disk and plug it into the media tank when you want to play them. I have heard many good comments on the Westen Digital media tank, but do not have one. It's on my list to keep an eye out for one during the boxing day sales. The popcorn hour gets great reviews, but is pricey.

I have and love the WDTV Live, there's very little the box won't play. At the price, I'm recommending them to my friends who want to be able to play back some of my AVCHD recordings but don't have fast enough PCs to deal with AVC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts