Omg!!!.....How much?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I was browsing around on D*'s website looking at prices for kicks and they have a platinum pack that is ..........Get ready............$7500 per year!!!

I thought that was a typo!!!

OK I know it is every ppv, channel, and up to 10 receivers, but what kind of crack pipe would you have to be on to pay $7500.00 per year for TV reception.

My goodness, that could stand to be a little cheaper.

Wow...Thank God for C-band! Sheeesh!:eek: :eek:

Yea I think thats for corporations or the super rich, I think they said they will only allow 10 of those a year and you get you own (american) CS rep...I guess the $7500.00 is for the salary because the rest of us have to talk to the stupid computer :D

Another idea. Possibly they are offering a $7500/month package so that in the event somebody is caught with a hacked smartcard, they can say that he/she was stealing $7500/month worth of programming and then they can sue the person in court? Or if they catch a dealer selling hacked smartcards, they can sue the dealer for millions in lost revenue and actually have a hard number that they can put on each hacked card for a value of programming stolen each month?

D*

It must be something like that, because I know several successful doctors and attorneys who would Never consider paying anything like that for tv reception.

I guess it's true that package would be equivalent to a hacked card as far as programming goes.

I bet the bean counters estimated the average costs for all the channels and ppv's that air all month plus the Customer service rep time required to order all that so that when someone gets nailed for hacking or distributing they can have a solid number for court.

Or maybe they want to appeal to the extremely rich. Don't get me wrong, that would be a sweet package but the cost is wayyyyy out of line.

But I guess "us c-banders" are kind of cheap that way-LOL:D

I actually called about it and was told that they do allow up to 3 residences if you can prove the second and third are family. Done on a case by case basis

So, that makes it $600/month, split three ways, or $200/mo

Pricey, but not super bad

I actually called about it and was told that they do allow up to 3 residences if you can prove the second and third are family. Done on a case by case basis

As an aside, I have always thought this is possible...but never really checked into it as I don't have a use for it....but it would seem to me that with with a combination of something like Vonage and VPN that you could set up receivers using the same telco number across the country via a vpn back to the location with the vonage unit.

So, that makes it $600/month, split three ways, or $200/mo
Put that way the price is actually not that bad, esp when you look at the price of some of the PPV events. Heck the Get it all pack at NPS is 100 per month (monthly), with no PPV's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)