On Demand Errors

ToddFLA

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2005
North Florida
I have had Comcast since mid-April and when we watch On Demand content 7 times out of 10 we get some type of error either accessing the content or it gives us an error while we are watching something and we have to stop the program. This happens on both of our receivers (one regular digital and one HiDef receiver). I have called Comcast and they send out signals to both machines to try and fix it but it doesn't work...any idea what gives? anyone else have this much problems watching On Demand?

Thanks
Todd

Sounds like they need to send a tech out to your house to see if there's a problem. I know they will try to avoid that at all cost, but if them sending a hit to both of your boxes doesn't solve it, then that would be the next step.

It's probably a signal issue, quite likely with the return signal. Did you add any signal boosters or splitters? They can often cause problems with return signal, or just degrade the general signal in both directions. If so, try removing them.

Otherwise, do what Neutron suggests. The great things about cable are the free service calls and equipment coverage.

On Demand...

I havent added any boosters or anything of the like. I will give them a call and let them know it's just not cutting it. Whats unusual is that both boxes are doing the same thing. We do watch tv more on one tv than the other so I guess I should test both equally to see if both behave the same...thanks for the advice...

Todd D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)