This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

On Demand faulty Internet connection display

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skottey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Denver Metro, CO
This has become pretty annoying. Both my HD-DVR 21 boxes are hooked to the Internet and I have been downloading some HD stuff lately from Showtime ON Demand. Periodically, I get an error message on the screen saying "there is a problem connecting to the Internet," asking if I would like to "test now" or "ignore and try later." If I test the connection, it is fine as expected. If I ignore, it keeps downloading the program.

My Internet connection is fine. I am a computer person by trade and I can ping minus t a website such as google.com for hours with no "request timed out" and everything else works fine. I have a static IP with a 20/2 connection. Speedtests run pretty close to 20/2 at most times and I am almost never down. This is just really annoying. My Internet connection is obviously fine, but how can I turn off this stupid message that keeps popping up, adding a damper to my viewing pleasure?

How exactly are the DVRs connected to your network and what router setup are you using?

The first one is connected this way- Cable Modem->Dlink DIR-655-> HD DVR

Is there a way to turn the notification off? The programs are downloading fine whether I ignore that message and let it go away or select "ignore and try again later"

Status
Please reply by conversation.