On Demand - Free but not to all

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pissed off Comcast User

Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
There seems to be some confusion concerning ON DEMAND -- I have hd and dvr and can subscribe to HBO etc., but I cannot get ON DEMAND -- I live in Santa Rosa -- and while Comcast offered excellent service (I had all three - phone, cable, internet) in tiny little, out-of-the-way Glen Ellen (which is only 7 miles down the road) here -- no dice. I just moved so don't feel like going through the hazzle of changing to Sat just now. Of course when I put in my change order with Comcast the idiot Cust. Service reps should have told me that I couldn't receive ON DEMAND (and the music radio service as well) at my new location -- but they didn't know -- for a week or so I thought it was a techical malfunction -- anyway -- I pay more now for Comcast and I get less -- when I complain they just tell me that ON DEMAND is free therefore there is no reduction in you bill if you don't get it. They say it's coming to my zip soon -- whatever that means.

It means that you moved to a new city that has different aged equipment, and different levels of charging. It happens. Comcast is probably upgrading the system in that area and will have all the features once they do it.

It sucks, and its part of the biggest issues with the cable companies, you can move and get totally different packages and prices with the SAME COMPANY, nothing is uniform, they have cobbled thre company togetehr thru acquisition and every operation has a different set-up depending on who built the system originally.

Santa Rosa, CA is being upgraded as we speak. Comcast picked this system up a few years back from a different company. They have a 550 system presently and a portion of that goes directly to the city of Santa Rosa for their internal systems. The upgrade going on right now will bring a 1000 system in and you will get all the channels the system can handle at that time. There is a reasonable chance that the upgrade will complete by the end of the year. Just be glad that you haven't been entrenched for a few years in Santa Rosa like many others are. They have been complaining for a very long time for a ll the reasons you stated.

Thanks for clarifying about comcast in Santa Rosa

Thanks Booby and BigTim for clarifying -- If Comcast were smart it would give SOMETHING (maybe more premium channels) to subscribers who have to endure all the ON DEMAND ads and emails about how wonderful it is -- without getting it!!!

I may hang in there for another month or so -- but then -- screw 'em it's to DIRECT TV I go

Thanks for your input