This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

On Demand setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tigerfan55

Original poster
May 14, 2008
I know that to get the On Demand features it has to be hooked up to my internet, but I was wondering if there is another way to hook it up without running a ethernet cable from my bedroom down the hall and into the living room. Is there no way to hook it up wirelessly? I really don't want to move the DSL and the wireless box closer to the living room to run a wire that way. Is there another wayt to hook it up. Wish I could run the ethernet cable from my PS3 to my HD DVR, but thats not possible.

So can anyone help or if I want it will I just have to move it?

There are two ways to do it without running a wire. They sell a 'Ethernet over powerline adapter' (you will need two) or if you have a wireless router, you can get a wireless adapter for your box. DirecTV sells both.

That adapter would work with a PC but not a receiver. You need a standalone ethernet to wifi adapter, ie. a gaming adapter. Check out the link in my previous post.

So I will need the gaming system which will catch my wireless then I can hook a ethernet from it to the box? Got ya.

Thanks guys sorry I was researching some stuff when you posted your originaly post foobar so I didn't see it. Hopefully I can find one cheap.

you dont need the gaming system... just the adapter, and for what its worth, the powerline adapter from d* work alot better... but the wireless adapter you need will convert an ethernet connection into an access point.

i use the Netgear powerline for all of my connections because I have a long ranch house with a lot of angles and walls. It works wonderfully and the Netgear 104 which has 4 connections per adapter can be had for $50-$60 reconditioned on Ebay (this is what I use).

Status
Please reply by conversation.