Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
This new dual C-band feed is on my Christmas list:

206311_3762281094831_1941119584_n.jpg

Over recent years, a number of members have built their own.
Iceberg comes to mind, for one.
If I had the urge, I'd get two SatAV C2's & cut a slot in a scaler.
Some handy bracket-craft, and we'd be up. :)

A while back, a member came up with simple math to use for LNBF spacing.
Don't recall his name off hand, but I spent several years promoting his ideas.

Very interesting product! Wonder what the orbital position spacing is...

Is that just the scalar or are the LNBFs built in as a whole piece? I'd love to have just the scalar, and populate it with LNBFs of my choosing.

I saw this a couple of years ago, and have been watching for a source since then, without finding one on this side of the planet... I did solve my problem of mounting 2 C-band LNBFs on my stationary dish pointing dead on to 99W and using the offset LNBF for 105W for H2H on my 4DTV. This has been very successful for several months now. See pix below. I would still like to find the dual scalar....
IMG_0614.JPG

That is what I am thinking 2 deg, 4 at the most. I have never tried anything like this though.

Well, I am working with a 6 degree separation successfully. On the 4DTV, I had an EBNO of 12 on my 10 foot BUD, with the 6 degree offset on my 2.4 meter dish, I have an EBNO of about 9.5, which is very good for 4DTV reception.

Well, I am working with a 6 degree separation successfully.

Well there ya go, one of these days I might experiment with this, but since my dish is on an actuator, I have never needed too.

Last edited:
Well there ya go, one of these days I might experiment with this, but since my dish is on an actuator, I have never needed too.

with a 4 degree spacing you could save movement for at least 4 satellites , less movement = longer actuator life . but then again we are hobbiest and we probably move the dish 1000 X times more than the average user.

I am seriously skeptical here. multi lnb bandstacked setups is ALL i do. i can tell u, there is NO perfect consistancy from any of my dishes in distance between birds in the lnb setups at the scalars. i cant tell for sure if that second lnb is adjustable in that pic or not.

Last edited:
I can only imagine that it would only be useful if it was in 2 degrees spacing.

Pixl overlapped 103 and 105 with the same lnb on a 8footish dish? i think it was him? he got channels from both on the same lnb.

i have 10 ft unimesh i can get 40.5w and 43w but the lnbs have about an 1/8 inch or so separation.
i could not get reliable 2 degree spacing otherwise on any other of my dishes. just the basic look of that pic says at least 4 degrees(approximate)
20' dishes being the exception :) lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)