on the cablebox (4250HD) can it automatically set a stretch or widescreen??

fiddysheqel

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
We now changed out tv to a tv that doesnt automatically stretch or keep it in widescreen. I was wondering, is there any way on the cable box to program it to stretch a 4:3 picture into widescreen and to keep a widescreen picture as it is without having to change it constantly manually?

Go to the box and press the guide and info button at the same time. Choose 480i widescreen for your resolution. And keep or get rid of the rest as you please.

i tried that but nothing happened?? it just goes to the guide...

EDIT: so the tv has to be off... anyway, these other formats dont do anything for me? if i leave it on 480p then its wrong... i can only switch it by manually going and switching it... i want it to do that by itself if possible? if i had to do it manually i can do it through "stretch, normal, or zoom" in the settings menu

Last edited:
I have the 4250HD too and the same question. The remote control provided does not have a GUIDE button. So any clues as to how to set the resolution? I tried using the IO and Info button together but that does not do anything.

If anyone can list out detailed steps on how to set this, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I have the 4250HD too and the same question. The remote control provided does not have a GUIDE button. So any clues as to how to set the resolution? I tried using the IO and Info button together but that does not do anything.

If anyone can list out detailed steps on how to set this, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Leave the tv on and turn off the cable box, then press the guide and info button at the same time on the cable box. The just follow the instructions on how to set up your resolutions. To set them correctly do the advanced setting, portion and you will set up all the resolutions.

Once again, what settings should i put this on for it to automatically stretch 4:3 pictures and leave Widescreen pictures alone? Any settings I try it doesn't set these settings. If only I could get it to do it automatically then I will not have the problem of only buying Philips (since they are the only ones who have an "Automatic" stretch!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)