On The Set: The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Hey Voomers, Tonight on 261. It might not be in HD but Starz-HD East has an excellent SD picture quality. So enjoy it tonight if you like these science fiction programs like me. I will record it tonight on my HS2 since I can send the SD signal from the VOOM receiver to the Hard Drive of the HS2. I never imagined I would use the HS2 like this but I will :D

Synopsis: Behind the scenes look at the making of The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Featuring Elijah Wood, Viggo Mortenson and Peter Jackson.

Wed, Dec 10 6:15PM STARZ! Cinema
Wed, Dec 10 6:40PM STARZ! Family (264)
Wed, Dec 10 8:40PM STARZ (channel 263, 261)

Re: On The Set: The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The Kin

I will record it tonight on my HS2 since I can send the SD signal from the VOOM receiver to the Hard Drive of the HS2. I never imagined I would use the HS2 like this but I will

Just curious: How do you normally use your HS2? Just to timeshift? The reason I ask is because I have Voom being installed next Wednesday and was curious how a DVD recorder would work with Voom. What recording capabilities do you get with Voom?

I will record it tonight on my HS2 since I can send the SD signal from the VOOM receiver to the Hard Drive of the HS2. I never imagined I would use the HS2 like this but I will

Just curious: How do you normally use your HS2? Just to timeshift? The reason I ask is because I have Voom being installed next Wednesday and was curious how a DVD recorder would work with Voom. What recording capabilities do you get with Voom?

ds5178 said:

The Panasonic HS2 is a DVD recorder with a 40GB hard drive. It has different speed modes of recording -- xp & sp being the best. It also has fr (I think that's what is called) which let's you fit a recording to a DVD at the best resolution that it can find.

I have my 721 connected through composite to the HS2. I usually record on the 721 and then transfer those to the harddrive of the HS2 for commercial editing and then to DVD.

I do not use the HS2 for timeshifting right now but the HS2 has the ability to do so. I will connect the HS2 to the VOOM output and from there I can record and timeshift. Now, you may ask why not use s-video? I found that s-video does not output as good of picture as composite (just my preference). Also the HS2 when connected to a component TV will upscale the video to 480p which is upscale by my TV to 768p. I never connected my 6000 to it because the 6000 does not simultaneously outputs SD and HD. The Voom receiver does outputs both SD & HD simultaneously and the SD picture on Voom on some channels is better than the 6000 and E*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts