Once Again NO SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
Lakeland, FL
well we are out of service once again. We are having strong winds but my friend accross the street has DISH and he has 96% signal. We have OTA at 98% and sat at 0-30% signal. We can't keep living this way with VOOM but because we are in contract it's $250 to cancel. This just makes us very angry. We don't pay $89.90 a month (total $122.44 for 2 receivers) for nothing!!!!!! Sean or anyone who knows VOOM people please contact me by PM or you can e-mail me directly at DarkCarnivalle@aol.com This getting to the boiling point and we've only been with VOOM since Nov 1st.

~Brian Wenzloff

Either your dish has moved and needs to be re-peaked, or one of the wires got loose. Call VOOM and request service. You can also ask them to give you a credit for the inconvenience. They usually do. Good luck!

we did call they are coming out Tuesday. So this leaves us without TV til then!!! This is the 3rd time they had to come out to fix this problem. They'll come out and fix it then it'll happen again and again and so on. What are we suppose to do have them come out every other day/week? We never had this problem with cable.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh, you seem to have some problem with your setup. An experienced installer should be able to trouble shoot it. If you are not happy with your installer you can always ask for a different one. Sorry to hear about your problems, but I don't know what else to suggest you.

And yes, cable is inherently more reliable and weather-proof compared to satellite. Yet even with cable I had outages in the past and had to call for service. (I am actually glad that VOOM offers OTA locals, so I can watch HD even when the satellite reception is bad. With cable I would usually lose all channels at once.)

Ilya said:
And yes, cable is inherently more reliable and weather-proof compared to satellite.

True but FreddyvsJasonvsAsh's neighbor w/DISH is not losing his signal.
VOOM is not anywhere to close today to E* and D* in signal reliability.

I can tell you I am experiencing strong winds right now and torrential rain -- VOOM is working flawlessly! My cable is OUT by the way, since last night.

As I suggested before, there must be something loose in the dish that makes it move. I have experienced high winds in NYC for the past two days to the point where my OTA signal bounces in different directions but the dish has remained steady. I went to the roof at one point because I was getting pixelation during high winds and found that the screw unde the LNB was loose. I tightened it up and never experienced pixelation again under high winds. Make sure to check all screws. You should not be losing service under high wind. It has to be something as simple as having some screws loose.

we are having 35-40 mph winds. You say one thing, VOOM says some different and the installer says something else. This plain out SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told VOOM next time we lose service they are losing another customer. And We will get out from paying $250 to a bad service provider

CSRs know very little so don't go by what they say. The installer should check the dish to make sure that it is mounted properly and there's no loose stuff. It is as simple as that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)