OnDemand Unavailable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tuzaa

Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem. We just got the Dish in the fall and got a 625 receiver. We have never had OnDemand available. In the Movies on Demand menu the "Coming Soon" and "View All" buttons are always grayed out. The four pictured "Featured Movies" always give a little message that the movie is unavailable. The same thing shows up in the TV on Demand menu. I've called Dish a few times now and the answer basically is that there is no fix available currently and it appears to be a known issue. They always walked me through doing the Check Switch test after which the program guide gets reloaded and everything always looks ok except for OnDemand.

I seem to remember a note (from Scott maybe?) awhile back that said they were pulling the Movies and more and TV Entertainment from the 625s for awhile. I think they were having some kind of problems with it. Sorry I know that is vague but hopefully someone else will remember and chime in.

No, I think you got it right.

Haven't seen a single post where anyone misses it!

To add to what lakebum said... I do blieve I seen a note somewhere recently; software related.

One thing to remember, the 625 must be turned off when not in use - doing so will allow the movies to download.

Thanks for all your replies. We had frequently used OnDemand to watch tv shows and movies when we were Comcast cable customers so not having that available on the Dish when it is supposed to be there is rather frustrating. Oh well. We do turn the receiver off so that is not the problem.

As you've seen OnDemand isn't the same for satellite. If you are looking for the PPV type moves, since you have a dvr you can order and dvr the movie and watch anytime. I know it isn't the same, but it is something. Hopefully they will get DishOnline working with the VIP receivers and we'll be able to have some IPTV functionality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)