One cable in, 2 boxes, 4 tvs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

j_met

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
East TX
I just bought a new house. The people before me had cable. They had the main cable dropped in the a/c closet connected to a reg 4 way splitter. Each cable ran to a different room and connected to the cable wall box.

My current setup is the HR-34 Genie with 1 mini client. What I want to do is have 2 tvs per box. 2 tvs running off the genie and 2 tvs running off the client.

How would I accomplish that? Would I need to replace the current splitter with this? - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BW60R68/?tag=satell01-20

?

Last edited:
Assuming no hidden splitters, you can replace the regular splitter with a swm approved one. Then use one line to the Genie and one to the client. Use the hdmi for one tv and component for the other. You could also get hdmi splitters instead which would alleviate any potential issue with HDCP problems. You do know that you would have to watch the same programming on the common tvs, yes?

I was thinking about that....the 2nd tv would be located in different room though...so I would have to buy like a 25 or 50 ft component....if I didn't want to do tat, my only other option is to get another client for the 3rd tv?

Yes, or get a rvu enabled tv, or another receiver/dvr.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts