One Dish and 4 TV's

will1105

Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
Michigan
I just ordered Dish Network with 1 HD DVR receiver and 3 standard receivers. Can somebody explain to me in easy terms how they will set it up so I have the ability to watch 4 different programs at the same time on the 4 different TV's?

Thanks

I would have a 722 controlling the HDTV and teaming up to control a SDTV. The other receiver would be a 625 controlling two SDTVs. You only need 2 receivers and you can watch different programs on each. Also they would be sharing two DVRs.

If you want each to have it's own DVR........that's just overkill.

pfan

Keep in mind that if you get one of the TurboHD only packages only VIP receivers are available (722,622,612,211). In this case you could get 1-722 and 2-211's to supply all 4 TVs or I suppose 2-722's would work but might be a bit pricey up front. I currently have 1-722 and 2-211's with TurboHD silver and that works very well.

You'll just have a DPP44 switch installed somewhere in the house - the three inputs from the dish will come into the 44 switch, and the switch has 4 outputs to run to your receivers. I used it in one of my houses to drive one dual tuner DVR and three single tuner standard receivers. (For a total of 5 tuners)

You'll just have a DPP44 switch installed somewhere in the house - the three inputs from the dish will come into the 44 switch, and the switch has 4 outputs to run to your receivers. I used it in one of my houses to drive one dual tuner DVR and three single tuner standard receivers. (For a total of 5 tuners)
That's about the same as mine 625 * 2 and a 301 all off a DPP44.
REMEMBER. Each output from the DPP44 can feed one dual tuner box. No need to run two coax cables for a dual tuner.

4 receivers and a dpp44 switch?? Wish I could throw money around that easily.:no

More likely to get 2 Duo receivers and dpp lnbf.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)