One DVR to multiple TVs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry to reply to this older thread, but after poking around some, I have figured this out and wanted to share my results.

Check out this: P167-000 - HDMI over Cat5 Active Extender Wall Plate Kit

I purchased mine on [ame="http://www.amazon.com/HDmi-Over-CAT5-Wallplate-Extender/dp/B001CJ9392/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1266783057&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: HDmi Over CAT5/CAT6 Wallplate Extender Kit Hdmi for f: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41gU%2B6meBsL.@@AMEPARAM@@41gU%2B6meBsL[/ame]

Basically, you convert the HDMI signal to two Cat6 lines, then convert it back on the other end.

What you'll need other than this product:

Two Cat6 lines the length of where you're extending.
Two HDMI cables (receiver to converter, converter to monitor)

I have an HR21-700 in my bedroom. It's hooked to the HDTV in my bedroom via Component cables (RGB). The HDMI output goes to this converter box, I ran 2 cat6 cables to the kitchen, converted it back to HDMI and ran that to the HDTV in my kitchen. I put the remote on RF and it's incredible.

The picture quality is fantastic. The audio is a little low, but I'm not sure if if that's the TV or not. It's passable.

It should be noted, the device says that you can use Cat5 or Cat6 cables. In my research, the only time anyone had any issues with this device is when they tried it with Cat5. Time and time again, they'd switch to Cat6 and it would resolve their issues. I didn't even bother trying Cat5. Ran Cat6 from the getgo and have been thoroughly impressed.

I have my Cat6 run outside the house, and it's been solid - no picture loss.

Hope this helps anyone that was thinking about doing this. It's been the most cost-effective way that I've discovered to use one HD-DVR to service 2 TVs. (though keep in mind, you're watching the same thing on both TVs.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)