One Hopper cant find sat signal

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
About a month ago my LR Hopper could not find sat signal. Dish sent a replacement and I added a Joey so they sent a tech to deliver and install the Joey. Everything worked fine for about 2 hours after the tech left. Then the Lr Hopper went bat to vould not find sat signal. Dish sent another Hopper and everything worked fine for a while.

Now the BR Hopper can not find sat signal except on tuner 3 sat 129. Same problem as LR hopper a month ago.
The LR Hopper is no working just fine.

What might be causing this? Am I just lucky?
I hate to change the BR Hopper since it has over 1200 programs recorded and I don't have a big enough EHD to copy it all off (my 500 GB EHD is already full).

I am in an RV with a tripod mounted Dish 1000.4 Western Arc and Duo node.

Are you running any cables through the RV jacks/ports/connector plates? Can you try running directly from the dish to the node directly to the Hopper through a door or window and then run a checkswitch and see if that helps?

You said One Hopper,
that means you have Two, Hence it sure does sounds like the known issue with the Dou Node.
I sure do hope Dish finds which serial numbers have the issue and offer a free recall. They should mail out free replacements once they figure out the bad lot number, no need to take the day off for an installer to come out and plug in a new one.
It probably just a lot of bad ones out there as most dont have this issue. For details see:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/299350-Cold-Weather-issue

I sure do hope Dish finds which serial numbers have the issue and offer a free recall.
They'll do no such thing nor should they ! Why replace thousands that work just fine just because they're in the same batch as those that may be impacted by cold temperatures. Pretty sure there's thousands in FL, TX, AZ, and so on that will continue to work 100%. They'll replace these on a case-by-case basis.

They'll do no such thing nor should they ! Why replace thousands that work just fine just because they're in the same batch as those that may be impacted by cold temperatures. Pretty sure there's thousands in FL, TX, AZ, and so on that will continue to work 100%. They'll replace these on a case-by-case basis.

I got to agree with you on this for sure. I'd say there's not much of a chance of my installs having any issues at all here around Savannah, GA. Unless the problem deteriorates over time and happens at higher temps I doubt any of mine would need replacing.

I am located in Las Vegas. Outside temps in low 30's. Duo Node is inside in cabinet about 7" above LR Hopper. Temp in cabinet never gets below 60', may get to 90' with heat from Hopper.

I am located in Las Vegas. Outside temps in low 30's. Duo Node is inside in cabinet about 7" above LR Hopper. Temp in cabinet never gets below 60', may get to 90' with heat from Hopper.

Well, sounds like you are not experiencing the cold weather issues like others have been on the duo nodes. I assume you've checked signal levels on all three sats? I guess the LNB and Node would be the next thing to troubleshoot.

One Hopper gets strong signal on all three tuners on all three sats. Sick Hopper typically only gets 129 on tuner 3.
I bought a new Duo Node, it does not seem to matter.

One Hopper gets strong signal on all three tuners on all three sats. Sick Hopper typically only gets 129 on tuner 3.
I bought a new Duo Node, it does not seem to matter.

If you run a checkswitch on the Hopper that only gets 129, do all orbitals show up again or does it only display two tuners after the test instead of three?

If you run a checkswitch on the Hopper that only gets 129, do all orbitals show up again or does it only display two tuners after the test instead of three?

Good Hopper gets all nine green check marks, sick Hopper gets ONE green check mark and blank on the rest of grid is blank.

Good Hopper gets all nine green check marks, sick Hopper gets ONE green check mark and blank on the rest of grid is blank.

At this point I would swap Hopper locations and then run a checkswitch on each and see what happens. If the problem follows the sick hopper then I would get a replacement. If the problem stays in that room then the issue is most likely between the node and the hopper. You already swapped out the node so I would rule that out and it would have to be something with that line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)