One live sat line...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dipdog21

Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
I am working on a highly custom job where the 4 satellite wires were buried into the chimney and ran to the utility area during pre-wire. This was done so the wires would not be seen. We are now setting up the job and I am finding only one wire active! The only way to run new wires is to run them on the outside of the house, which is unacceptable to the client. This is a 3lnb dish. Is there any way to take that 1 and turn it into 4. I have never seen this before but I am hoping beyond hope that something can be done. This job has been a complete nightmare and just needs to get done. Thanks in advance for any help.
jc

There is no way to split a single line 4 ways from the dish. Did you check all the terminators on the RG6 lines? How did you test the lines to determine that only one is working? Perhaps the LNB isn't working properly.

I really hope you arent putting a voltometer on one line while running curent up another to the LNB... check each line individually.

PoitNarf said:
There is no way to split a single line 4 ways from the dish. Did you check all the terminators on the RG6 lines? How did you test the lines to determine that only one is working? Perhaps the LNB isn't working properly.

I checked all connections and even reterminated them since I didn't do the original connections. Testing them I just hooked each line directly to the sat box and three had no signal one did. I also changed out the lnb.

philhu said:
Check continuity first, to make sure the wire wasn't cut by accident.

What ewould you say is the easiest way to test this. I am going back this morning and I am going to short each wire at the dish and see if they show a short back at the closet. Is this what you are talking about?

ShadowEKU said:
I really hope you arent putting a voltometer on one line while running curent up another to the LNB... check each line individually.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. I did hook up a toner at one end and then took a voltmeter at the other end and picked up a voltage reading at the there. I will run a few more tests this morning but so far I have been running into a wall.
jc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)