One more doom and gloom -- Blu-ray boom not enough to rescue DVD sales

Without a drop in prices of both the players and more importantly the dvds themselves, Blu-ray will miss their window to hook the American people on their product. Video Downloads are being worked on by various media outlets and all you need is the computer. Both satellite companies now have internet connections for these type of videos and hd will become a staple of those downloads straight to your tv. I think with the economy going down hill and the price of gas and food going up with no end in sight, that the last thing the public wants to do is unass more money for a movie , that isn't even going to be that good in the first place.

I had the opportunity to buy a blu-ray of "the Golden Compass" for $34.99 at Best Buy Tuesday or a sd dvd of "Cloverfield " for $19.99 . I picked the sd dvd and used my hd upconvert dvd player to upconvert it. I am so glad I didn't pay $34.99 for Cloverfield the movie because it really sucked. The sweet spot pricing for blu-rays should be $19.99 period and sd should go down in price comparison. It would be totally ironic if Blu-ray gets passed over as the new hd medium ,due to their lack of foresight and their total greed in pricing on their dvd players and the dvds too. It would kind of piss me off too , since I now own one and am still paying on it as I type this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)