One of my two 722k's catches every disease the other never.

mmcl26554

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Northern WV
I have two 722k's , got them about 2 years ago. After about 8 months one refused to boot up, dish replaced it with their famous "referb" of course. Then around the first of this year that same 722k caught the freeze and reboot disease. Dish replaced it, the problem continued, Dish replaced it. The problem continued until they released new firmware in June. That resolved that problem, but since it had a problem with video getting sparkles and crackles in the sound, Dish replaced it and that solved that problem. Now it has the current disease of freezing. Dish sent a replacement but it was sicker the the one I had. It would freeze and reboot and deleted the FAT in the hard drive so all my recorded programs were gone. I have since sent it back and will wait until Dish gets around to releasing firmware to fix the current freezing disease. Through all this, the other receiver has performed flawlessly! Now, these two receivers are in the same entertainment center, connected to the same outlet, connected to the same Sat antenna, connected to the same TV connected to the same OTA antenna and home distribution system. I have reviewed the connections and all cables for the systems even switched ports off the DP 44 switch. I have addressed the heat issue in both and installed fans, they run 98 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit, so heat is not an issue. I am perplexed as to why one receiver operates without any problems and the other catches every disease and problem that comes down the pike.
Michael

Seems very odd and looks like you ruled out a lot of possiblities. Have you replaced the cable yet? That is the only other thing I can think of at the moment.

I have inspected the cable and the connectors, there were some screw on type of F connectors and I replaced them with compression type. But, I have gone one better than replacing them I have swapped them cables at the receiver which made no difference. The only thing that seemed to make a difference with the current freezing disease was adding a fan to both receivers. Which lowered the internal temp by 20 degrees. The freezing went from almost daily to weekly, so cooler was better. But one cannot be certain if that is really an influencing factor. I suppose I could turn off the fan, let them temp rise and see if the frequency of freezing rises. But if the receiver is on the edge that could push it over so I'm not going to try it. I'll just leave the fans on and wait for a software update.
Michael

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)