One OTA (ABC) won't lock - any ideas?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stingray

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
The 921 is now one week old and working marvelously (almost). All of my local digitals locked in properly with a Scan Digital command except for ABC (41-1) which was a no-show. :confused:

I did a manual add DTV with without success. When it trys to lock in on 41 the signal bar oscillates between 0 and 70 for about a minute then jumps up to 116- 120 and holds there, but still says NOT Locked, and therefore will not Save. I have tried this repeatidly with no luck. Any work arounds??? Bye the way, my 6000 picks thei station up just fine from the same antenna lead.

I don't know if this will be of any help to you, but I have a signal bar reading for ABC (45-1) of 96 with a lock and I can not get the signal to display. Believe that it maybe the signal in New York since they are working to Combine the digital stations out of one point using the Empire State Building as a transmitting point. This Combiner project has run into many obstacles along the way!

Stingray said:
The 921 is now one week old and working marvelously (almost). All of my local digitals locked in properly with a Scan Digital command except for ABC (41-1) which was a no-show. :confused:

I did a manual add DTV with without success. When it trys to lock in on 41 the signal bar oscillates between 0 and 70 for about a minute then jumps up to 116- 120 and holds there, but still says NOT Locked, and therefore will not Save. I have tried this repeatidly with no luck. Any work arounds??? Bye the way, my 6000 picks thei station up just fine from the same antenna lead.

I have the exact problem with the 921 and the Chicago ABC local, channel 7 (broadcast 52). However, if I leave the unit tuned to 007-01 or 007-02, it will ultimately tune the station, albeit very slowly. My 811 doesn't have this problem.

joelk - How do you "leave the unit tuned to 007-01 or 007-02, it will ultimately tune the station, albeit very slowly."

My 921 does not accept an entry of 007-01, it changes it immediately to the next numerically higher digital channel that IS saved, 020-01. What's your secret?

Stingray said:
joelk - How do you "leave the unit tuned to 007-01 or 007-02, it will ultimately tune the station, albeit very slowly."

My 921 does not accept an entry of 007-01, it changes it immediately to the next numerically higher digital channel that IS saved, 020-01. What's your secret?

Hmmm. I guess that when I manually added the station, there was some sort of lock. When I tune any of the other OTA channels, the 921 finds and tunes the station quickly. With ABC, channel 7, 007-01 or 007-02, will eventually be received. I just leave it on until there's a picture and sound.

Last night, I again manually added ABC and discovered that there's a 007-003. I wonder if ABC Chicago is still playing with their frequencies.

Just when you think it's over..... I tried one more time today to lock in my local ABC station (41) and it worked!!! Don't know yet if it will hold up after a reboot, but tomorrow will tell. :)

joelk - in Detroit, 007-03 broadcasts a web cam picture of the Detroit River and downtown Detroit. Their regular broadcasts are on -01. So far so good!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)