one really cool advatage R15 has over TiVo-not recognized ever.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HBKbiggestfan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
People never seem to point out this R15 fact. It is pretty awesome in my opionion, since you can't do it with D*'s TiVo. With the R15 you can watch a recorded program and still look through the guide. I think that is a great feature. With my TiVo I have always made the mistake of pressing "Guide" and go out of viewing the recorded show and have to go to "Live TV". Kind of a hassle. Now I can watch the recorded programs and stay with it while setting up pther recording or anything i want with the guide or menu. OH yeah, R15 has picture-in-guide feature, which is also an advantage in my opinion...Still deciding which is better though. The fact that my previous R10 TiVo was only a 35 hr. version is a big difference for me personally, but there are mostly 70 hr. TiVo's now. One more thing...on the XM music channels with the R15 you can record the music. The TiVo will NOT allow this. Oh, and the R15 is MUCH SMALLER that the R10 TiVo, which I like alot.:)

Last edited:
Glad you like the unit. I, however, will not give up my Tivo's after 4 month with an R15 for my comparison. And, also, this belongs in the DVR forum.

From your other posts I thought you were a few gray cells short now that you love the R15 I know it is true.:) :) :)

I never said I "Love" the R15. Im still deciding, learn to read a WHOLE post. I still have my TiVo as well by the way.

HBKbiggestfan said:
I never said I "Love" the R15. Im still deciding, learn to read a WHOLE post. I still have my TiVo as well by the way.
The post was in jest I have both receivers also. The R15 has a few good features, I wish Directv would get some software upgrades out to correct some of the problems. If they ever get the problems corrected it could be a better receiver than the TiVo

Well, I completely agree about D* needing to do some software upgrades. Im confident they will give us the needed upgrades for the R15 as time goes on. Im really hoping they give us an upgrade for dual live buffers. That is really my biggest problem with this reciever.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)