One Reason for S/W delay...

Yes, and there seems to be more of these cases as I got more of them. Of course, this is not the only reason why the software has been delayed. There are other bugs that need to be fixed. I know that patience is not with some of us (inlcluding me) but we can only wait. I have also posted a bunch of OTA maps that have been added and will be available this Wednesday. This is in the "in your area" forum.

andrzej said:
Sean,
in other words, people with new stb's and new ***ware have a buggy unfinished version.

Yes, as it was the case with the person in DC. They do have a more stable box but there are a few bugs that (they are not aware of unless they happen to stumble on it) have not been worked out. I guess the main reason to push it to new users was that they won't see the difference and the box would allow for OTA scanning (although not perfected yet, it works) and it will be more stable overall.

Sean, what's the ETA on the patch though, are they still thinking "two weeks" or are we down to "two days" yet?

Dvlos said:
Sean, what's the ETA on the patch though, are they still thinking "two weeks" or are we down to "two days" yet?

At this point there's no set date. I am sorry but I do not have any other information. Can all be done in two weeks? Probably but I would not put my hopes so high. I just know that VOOM's engineer want to release the code as much as you guys want it but they won't release until they know they have gone through all the found bugs which I think in the long run it is better for us.

Sean,
I thought that Moto people are responsible for new code and that Voom is just testing it (and, hopefully, pressing the Moto people to get it right). Am I right?

andrzej said:
Sean,
in other words, people with new stb's and new ***ware have a buggy unfinished version.

Yep...but our buggy unfinished version can scan for OTA channels. :D :D :D

andrzej said:
Sean,
I thought that Moto people are responsible for new code and that Voom is just testing it (and, hopefully, pressing the Moto people to get it right). Am I right?

Yes, Moto is the one doing it.

Hmm maybe I like problems...

Sean Mota said:
Yes, Moto is the one doing it.

Just between you fine folks and the fence post I would take the new software in a second....lol

Understand I am a operating system beta tester and love to play with new stuff......

Charley

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)