One receiver, Two TVs

jedolley

Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
I currently have the Dish HD-DVR that allows connections up to two TVs. I currently have the receiver in the Living Room connected to the HDTV, and the second connection is to another TV in one of the bedrooms. I am going to purchase another TV for another room and would prefer to move the second connection to that TV instead. I assume that it takes alittle more effort than just simply plugging the new TV in and pointing the remote at it? Can someone assist me or point me in the right direction on where I need to go to do this?

I'm not sure I understand. . .

There currently is no line running from my living room (HDTV, and receiver) to my bedroom (2nd TV). The house is completely wired with coax cables for all rooms. The 2nd TV is just plugged into the wall in that room.

I currently have the Dish HD-DVR that allows connections up to two TVs. I currently have the receiver in the Living Room connected to the HDTV, and the second connection is to another TV in one of the bedrooms. I am going to purchase another TV for another room and would prefer to move the second connection to that TV instead. I assume that it takes alittle more effort than just simply plugging the new TV in and pointing the remote at it? Can someone assist me or point me in the right direction on where I need to go to do this?
First, you would need to re-rout your conncections from the receiver to where the new TV2 would be, hooking it up the same as in the bedroom. Second, you would need to enter a new remote code number for the new TV to control it. Third, set the channel# of the new one the same as the old one. That may be all you need to do depending on the distance from the receiver.

The installer who did mine used two diplexers to get at the rest of the in-house coax for that purpose. Basically, the line that carries signal from the dish into my receiver carries signal out from the receiver to TV2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts