One Receiver, two TV's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

qwasqwas

Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
Earth
Hello everyone, when I first got my receiver, the guy told me that I could get it on my TV and my PC, so I agreed. A couple of days ago, I got a new TV.
With that said, I never watch it on my PC, so will it work if I connect it to the new TV instead?
I also have a couple more questions:
Is there a way to watch different things on each TV? If so, how can I control the TV that doesn't have a receiver?
What's the required Antenna for LED TV's?

I honestly don't know the first thing about receivers, I don't even know how to install new channels...yes, it's that bad.
That's it for now, but I might have more questions depending on your answers.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I didn't find a forum that said "Help me! I have no idea what I'm doing!", so if you need to move this anywhere else, go ahead, but please, link to the new thread so I can get there.

Thanks in advance!

If you want to to connect your one DirecTV receiver to both TV's that will work but you will not be able to watch different channels on each TV at the same time.

I don't know what you asking about regarding an antenna. If you have a HD DirecTV receiver your installer should have installed a Slimline Dish with a SWM LNBF. If you wish to just connect your new TV to an OTA (Over The Air) antenna you should be able to receive all the local channels on each TV connected to that antenna dependent on your proximity to your local channels Transmitters.

I would suggest you call DirecTV to resolve the matter. After DirecTV is installed you will pay quite a bit to add additional hardware. You should get all the receivers you think you might need up front as at the install. You can get upto 4 receivers installed for free. The only additional costs are the $6.00 charge per month for each extra receiver after your first receiver.

I hope you opted for HD service and HD receivers.

John

Status
Please reply by conversation.