One step closer...

cdru

Just another yahoo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
Fort Wayne, Indiana
The little lady just called and said that there were a couple of contractors in the back yard buring some cable. Ends up they are burying MY fiber preparing for the install. Verizon came to my workplace to get people to pre-signup for FiOS. They are doing the actual installs until the end of this month and next month, but they wanted to get as many names as they could to start burying the lines before the ground started to freeze for the winter.

Woohoo. I guess maybe I should start thinking about running my network lines here soon...

The spot where my current NID is at is right next to the garage. I'm planning on running the network (and eventually the coax) cables under the alumnium siding around the house to the 3 different locations. I should be able to keep everything pretty much hidden. It's more or less a striaght shot and I can use the corner channels to hide my vertical runs.

While the speed will defiinitely be nice, I'm really anixous to try out VoIP. The $15 500-minute Vonage plan seems idea and will more then pay for the difference between what I pay now for 1500/384 internet and dialtone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts