onkyo 770 center output only on some channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

obba

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Got a weird (to me) problem with the Onkyo 770's and Voom.

If i go to a channel that is supposed to have suround sound, i get it, plus when i press the display button on the onkyo, i see that it is 3/2.1

If i go to some channels, say foxnews that is not surround sound, but stereo sound, i only hear it out of the center channel. on the onkyo it says Dolby D 2/0 which should be stereo, but i only hear it out of the center channel.

I went to another channel, Discovery, that is also stereo, its also displayed as Dolby D 2/0, but now i hear it in stereo, with all speakers.

Sci Fi, same as foxnews, only center channel.

USA, same as discovery, i can hear it the way it should be.

I can understand if ALL 2/0 would come out of the center channel, but now its mix/match between channels, not making sense (to me)

I posted this on avsforums under home theater in a box also. Not sure if its the voom box that i have problem with, or the onkyo

EDIT: using optical out from voom box to the onkyo receiver.

EDIT2: i can get it to work by manually selecting stereo on the onkyo receiver, but then everything is in stereo, including the hd stuff with surround sound :/

got it..

I have to use PLIIx Music, and adjust the center width. Only works under the PLIIx Music mode. I cant change that part in the game/movie mode.

but now i got output from more than the center channel on some channels ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)