Only 6 and 10 right now are coming in. Could it be the blizzard?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I live in Rochester, MN and right now there is a blizzard. I only am getting channels 6 and 10 from town, but even other channels even from right here in my area like channel 47 aren't coming in. Haven't gotten channel 24, KYIN, from Mason City, IA lately this winter, but before that I always got it with my antenna (which is a rather good one). I enjoy watching CreateTV a lot on channels 15.3 and 24.2 but I'm betting anything the troubles are the weather and this currently being winter. Is it the blizzard, which I am thinking, why my locals aren't coming in, and could it be that it's winter why channel 24 ain't coming in? If anyone who knows the area could help or even from or around the area would be a great help. :) I know Iceberg is nearby, so maybe he could help.

Hmmmmmm, blizzard.
If all you currently get are your immediate locals could be wires torn out of connectors. Most likely is your antenna has 'been spun' (not aimed correctly any more) Or a combination of both.
No blizzard here, but no water since 7am. Word is we might, best outlook, get it back by this evening sometime.

We continue to get all the locals (3.x, 6.x, 10.x, 15.x, 24.x, 47.x), even with alot of snow clumped on top of my antenna after the blizzard. We are on top of a hill on the west side of Rochester. I wonder if you may have some connector issues. I have heard moisture in the connections can cause problems, and with the cold perhaps that is making things worse?

We continue to get all the locals (3.x, 6.x, 10.x, 15.x, 24.x, 47.x), even with alot of snow clumped on top of my antenna after the blizzard. We are on top of a hill on the west side of Rochester. I wonder if you may have some connector issues. I have heard moisture in the connections can cause problems, and with the cold perhaps that is making things worse?

I am having a guy look at my antenna tomorrow. I will get you updated. Looks like it's all frozen, and I'll just have to watch my DirecTV for now, but that's okay.

Have the antenna fixed from the inside. Have to wait a couple weeks until the ice melts on the roof then the rotor will be looked at, then I can rotate for out-of-market cities. But works for Rochester stations. :)

:confused: Whatcha do?? (Hook up a set of rabbitears??)
Guess you outdoor ant did get spun. Didn't know it had a rotor on it.

Yep. It has a rotor. We spinned it as you said, but the rotor's on a little crooked. Have to wait until the weather gets a little better before they can go on the roof of my apartment building to fix it. My antenna is pretty powerful, and I can receive some out-of-market over-the-air stations sometimes, are the Twin Cities here in MN and La Crosse, WI stations the only markets nearby? I'd like to know all I can get off-air.

I can receive some out-of-market over-the-air stations sometimes, are the Twin Cities here in MN and La Crosse, WI stations the only markets nearby?

yes
Be happy you have the opportunity to get more stations. I have access to 1 station (well 2 with the subchannel) and that is it. Nothing else for over 100 miles

yes
Be happy you have the opportunity to get more stations. I have access to 1 station (well 2 with the subchannel) and that is it. Nothing else for over 100 miles

I am happy. It was more of a curiosity more than anything. I just never asked anyone until now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts