Only getting 110w with acutrac III meter & 1000.4W

chapin4life

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Hi Guys,

I just got a 1000.4 western arc for camping and I'm testing it out with accutrac III plus
on the meter i'm getting signal 70% 70% 40% that's the highest i could get but when i do a switch check on my hopper I'm only getting 110w
any advice guys?

110w hopper.jpg

Last edited:
May be alignment or line of sight issues.

Not sure about the hopper, but on the other dish receivers you should have 119 first, followed by 110, and lastly 129 on the check switch test. if this is indeed the case with the hopper you are receiving 110 on the 119 lnb.

Could be a bad lnb too. When you're using your meter to point the dish, I'd connect it to all three ports on the lnb to be sure you're getting signal coming out of all three

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yes I'm using the western arc LB for 1000.4
Ok, based on my experience with the Acutrac III+ . . .

- Connect the Acutrac to the sat 119 connector on the LNB arm. That's the sat you will peak on.
- Use either the Dish Pointer App and/or the Elevation, Skew, Azimuth settings in the 1000.4 manual to set up the dish and point it in the general direction of the sats.
- Turn the Acutrac on & display all 3 sats: the top signal strength will be 119, the middle 110, and the bottom is 129.
- Peak 119 by first adjusting azimuth and then elevation. Leave skew alone.
- Try to get ALL THREE signals to be equal or within 5 - 10 numbers of each other. Higher signal strength is NOT always better. I usually get numbers between 50 - 60. And the signal strength numbers on the Acutrac do NOT correspond to the numbers on DISH's Check Switch -- that is, a 70 on the Acutrac won't show up as a 70 on Check Switch.
- After peaking, disconnect the Acutrac & connect to the Hopper.

Also, if your Solo Node is connected at the tripod, are you then running a single 3 GHz RG6 line back to your Hopper?

thanks for the reply TechWriter, I'll try those steps this week in regards to your question I am using a single run (3GHz RG6) line back to the hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts