Only in California....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Part of my job (telecommunications consultant for Regis Corp) is to contact telephone companies when Regis (and its sister companies) needs to add phone lines. I've dealt with almost every phone company in the US and most in Canada. This one call to AT&T in California got me chuckling (I was born, raised and live in MN so this was new to me)

Called AT&T in California (El Cerrito) and I went through the auto attendant with the "type in your phone number" and such and then it said

For Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Mandarin & Portuguese.....press 1
For English......please stay on the line

I was like "What the hell is this country coming to when English isn't #1 (so to speak)

Don't flame...but I thought it was weird

Did the announce the other languages in their native language or in English?

no..the funny part was the auto attendant thing (which took about 5 minutes of stuff) ALL WAS IN ENGLISH! Including the part above!

Iceberg said:
Part of my job (telecommunications consultant for Regis Corp) is to contact telephone companies when Regis (and its sister companies) needs to add phone lines. I've dealt with almost every phone company in the US and most in Canada. This one call to AT&T in California got me chuckling (I was born, raised and live in MN so this was new to me)

Called AT&T in California (El Cerrito) and I went through the auto attendant with the "type in your phone number" and such and then it said

For Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Mandarin & Portuguese.....press 1
For English......please stay on the line

I was like "What the hell is this country coming to when English isn't #1 (so to speak)

Don't flame...but I thought it was weird

Thats just part of the wonder of the OC!! Orange County that is... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)