Only receiving one transponder on Galaxy 19

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ribbit

Original poster
Apr 25, 2021
Antigua, West Indies
Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with Galaxy 19. I am only receiving transponder 11843 V 22000. I was previously getting almost all the transponders. But as of a week ago I can only get one. Can someone offer some help?

Everything is working fine here. Time to do a little trouble shooting. Make sure your dish did not get bumped. Check your cables and don't forget to check connections for water ingression.

I took the receiver and tv out to the dish with a new 10 ft. cable and connected it directly to the lnb. The lnb is in the same position it has been for the past three yrs. I got the same thing with only one transponder showing any video. Any other solutions. Thanks

Where in the West Indies are you? You are closer to the footprint edge than most of us. What size dish do you have?

Added: I see you're in Antigua.

Hopefully you're using at least a 1m dish.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I am actually using a 5ft dish which I have been using for more than 5yrs. I have been getting good signal and quality in excess of 70 and the early 60s for qaulity and signal respectively.

1MHZ off frequency should not be a problem, but receiving 11843 as a vertical transponder indicates that there is a problem.

1. The Horizontal polarity DC voltage measured at the LNBF should be 18Vdc (+/- 10 %). If not 18Vdc, might be a bad coax, bad fitting, failing STB or incorrect voltage selection in the STB menu.

or
2. The LNBF is installed 90 degrees out of rotation.

or
3. The LNBF is failing and not switching polarities.

Start troubleshooting by measuring the DC voltage at the coax with the STB on a horizontal transponder. It should read approximately 18Vdc.