Only two days of guide data

Jbeck59

Original poster
Feb 18, 2016
Iowa
For the last few weeks I have had only a couple days of guide data. I finally called dishnetwork. They stepped me through the same old same old. Check stitch, resetting ect... no joy. They said I have to wait for a fix. What the hell? This along with the nightly resets has me at breaking point with dish. Btw i have a hopper 3

I am not sure about this, but if the H3 disk is bad, your receiver has nowhere to store the 9-day guide and you only get that 2-day guide. Do recorded programs show up and play OK?

I have all the proper satellites and have not noticed any issues with play back. Sometimes some of my primetime TV shows that were recorded are not in the list. I pull up the recorded menu and some shows don't show up. Then the next week there is two shows. One this week and then the one from last week. I can deal with that but not having a guide longer than two days is really frustrating

For the last few weeks I have had only a couple days of guide data. I finally called dishnetwork. They stepped me through the same old same old. Check stitch, resetting ect... no joy. They said I have to wait for a fix. What the hell? This along with the nightly resets has me at breaking point with dish. Btw i have a hopper 3
Same thing here, on the western arc and the hopper 3 never goes beyond 2 days. Even after a forced guide update.

Are you receiving all satellites you should be? 9 day guide is only on certain locations depending on which arc you are on. just a thought
I cant see how that would be true. Who would put up with a two day guide. I had the full guide before. What ticks me off is dish said I would have to wait until some fix is discovered. My receiver is pretty much useless as a recorder now. Non of my previous set recording are being recorded. I cant even use the my dish app to set recordings. It works if I select something less than two days in advance. Lucky I have no contract. This is bull sh*t
Ugi

I cant see how that would be true. Who would put up with a two day guide. I had the full guide before. What ticks me off is dish said I would have to wait until some fix is discovered. My receiver is pretty much useless as a recorder now. Non of my previous set recording are being recorded. I cant even use the my dish app to set recordings. It works if I select something less than two days in advance. Lucky I have no contract. This is bull sh*t
Ugi

Of course it's true that the 9 day guide is not on all satellites like you were advised it wasn't. All non DVR receivers get the 2 day guide, that's who would 'put up with it'.

Just because you were getting a 9 day guide before doesn't mean that you don't have some kind of equipment or alignment problem now.

So once again, are you getting all the satellites you should be getting? Are you on western or eastern arc?

I am on the western arch. I have 3 satellite. 119 sig=67 110 sig=84 129 sig=48. I have done a check switch. Power off reset. Unplugged. .
Out of the satellites I mentioned which one supplies the guide data?

I wonder how many hundred threads have been started over the years on this subject. Yet I've never seen a "solution" other than reset _____, pull the plug, or put it in sleep mode. Why should any of those trial and error actions be considered "solutions?" It's ridiculous that that for a common problem DISH hasn't come up with a SOLUTION! We need a task on one of the sub menus called, "Force a Program Guide Update." Furthermore, If the update can't be performed then, or the update downloads less than 8 days of listings, an error message should be posted explaining why a full update can't be or wasn't performed and what should be done to enable a forced update. Any competent programmer should be able to write such diagnostic software with sufficient error codes for support personnel to work the problem. BTW, I just updated our HWS program guide by forcing a software upgrade on the Settings, Diagnostics, Tools sub menu, FWIW.

I'm sure that the reason such a tool doesn't exist is that DISH cares more about selling new subscriptions than keeping the old ones.